PDA

View Full Version : REVO Owners Please Read!

MurcielagoR-GT
07-17-2004, 12:24 PM
I found this off of Traxxas website, a lot of people, including me, are having trouble starting there REVOs. Hopefully this will help!

We have seen a few tanks that had plastic material inside. I suspect it came from threading in the fuel hose nipple or from when the tank filter was installed. Here is the deal with plastic particles! They can block your high speed needle seat. If they are small enough to get through there (That is the smallest restriction in the carburetor) they will go to the combustion chamber. Once there they will instantly make a plug useless. Here is where it gets a bit tricky. The plug will glow bright red or orange when you test it but once it has the plastic on it, it will not start the engine.

It is pretty easy to fix. Remove the fuel hose from the carburetor. Block the exhaust with your finger tip. Push the starter button and flush about an oz. or two through the hose to clear it. Remove the tank. Shake it up a bit to loosen anything that might be inside and dump the fuel. Remove the high speed needle. Blast out the housing with compressed air or R/C motor spray. (Protect your eyes) This will clear the needle seat. Hook everything back up and reset your HSN to the factory 4 turn setting. Get rid of any contaminated plugs. Install a brand new plug and try it again.

If your truck has never been started then it is easy to simply remove the hose from the carburetor and flush it out as described above. This is a quick thing to do to prevent a possible problem!

rocknbil
07-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Props to Traxxas for stepping up and keeping their consumers informed. Things like this can happen with any production vehicle, I know if I'd dropped $600+ down on a new RC - I'd be inspecting it very well, everything from looking in the tank to checking how tight the wheel nuts are . . . :D

hdcchrome
07-17-2004, 02:48 PM
I live in Texas, just 10 miles from Traxxas and a buddy of mine has worked there for 10plus years. He has a list of items that need upgraded immediatly. I will post here soon.

MurcielagoR-GT
07-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Alot of people are having problems breaking in their Revos. But afterwards, they are running awesome. I would pay an extra $100 to have my engine already broken in by the factory! ;) I can not stand it!

hdcchrome
07-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Alot of people are having problems breaking in their Revos. But afterwards, they are running awesome. I would pay an extra $100 to have my engine already broken in by the factory! ;) I can not stand it!

Send it to me and I will break it for $50 :D

Narse
07-17-2004, 08:21 PM
My bud got one today and we didn't have any problems breaking it in, But we did break something, we were taking it over some small jumps and on the last one after te jump I hit the brakes and turned the truck. It dug in and started to flip sideways. On landing it broke one of the ball ends for the shock arms and also bent the header.

MurcielagoR-GT
07-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Be extremely carefull when you reinstall the HSN! Or you will find this! :eek: Traxxas is sending me a brand new though! ;)

Crack! (http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1505907#post1505907)