PDA

View Full Version : Lighting kits

tec_41
07-18-2004, 10:49 PM
I was just out and about driving my car at 9:00. There was still a little light, but not enough to see my car from 150 feet away. Whenever i couldnt see it, i would listen and if the sound got closer i knew i was on the right track until i saw it. But then i heard a car coming and had to dart off the road into a ditch to avoid a nasty thing from happening. Then i thought about a neon lighting kit. I know they have been discussed before, but im thinking of getting this- http://www.rcneon.com/panel.htm Before i spend the 20 bucks, is it worth it? Not just for the looks, but for saftey too. I really enjoy driving at night.

NitroBoy24
07-19-2004, 01:54 AM
I was thinking about buying some but since its too hot run I am not going to bother right now.

But I would say go for it, those LED lights are bright!

inphiniti
07-19-2004, 02:02 AM
if you dont want to spend the 20 bucks, they have an antenna for like 10 bucks.. i would say go with that because those panel lights way down your body, if you run street like you stated, you could crack the light, but i dont know how durable they are.... but i would say try out the antenna, u could probably see that better than the panel lights...

KTRTS
07-19-2004, 05:50 AM
^^Yeah, the aerial could be seen from all angles :)

LiTtl3_Mik3
07-19-2004, 10:38 AM
the cheapest way is to go to radioshack and get 4 leds. 2 white or blue (headlights) and 2 red (taillights) and get 9 volt connecters and wire. Its like $10.

It looks like this:

0-----------------0
| |
| |
| |
0-------^^-------0

make a hole for the lights then tape the wire and the lights to the body

Its fun with the lights :) :)