PDA

View Full Version : do we have a bad ebay sellers list going somewere??

MOVINFAST
07-20-2004, 02:30 AM
i paid some jerk with paypal 9 days ago and he keeps sending requests for payment and claiming i didnt pay.......paypal knows i did.ebay knows i did..but i dont know what his trip is

c666187
07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
You need to email him and talk to him about it. Better yet, if you still have the payment email from paypal that confirms your payment, you sohuld forward that to him. :) Probably just a miscommunication. Good Luck. -c666187

baih
07-20-2004, 09:10 AM
is it possible you sent payment to the wrong person??
i would forward your receipt payment to him to confirm its the right person.

bufferoo
07-20-2004, 09:14 AM
I've been on the other end of this...waiting for a payment but never getting it. Turns out that paypal never sent out the payment notification email so I never knew it arrived. I had to actually log in to my paypal account to see that a payment had been made. Now I always request any buyers notify me themselves when they send a payment and I do the same just to avoid having this happen again.

Perhaps you might want to request this seller to check into his paypal account and view his history. He may find the payment is actually there already.

Paypal and ebay both have HORRIBLE mail services.

Bufferoo

Cain
07-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah, tell him to directly log into his account and check to see if it is in there. Sometimes I get Ebay Emails almost a week later than when they were sent.

I would also just give him a call.

rocknbil
07-20-2004, 01:03 PM
i paid some jerk with paypal 9 days ago and he keeps sending requests for payment and claiming i didnt pay.......

Are you absolutely sure this is not an AUTO EMAIL?

There are many "auction management systems" out there for sellers who can't seem to get the hang of the click and drool. :D They function on automated responses and http post responses from eBay. Sometimes both of those fail. If the sellers doesn't know what's up, they won't know how to make it stop. Somehow people seem to think if they click once the checks come rolling in, no other involvement required.

If I have problems connecting with someone, the first thing I do is look up their info and GIVE THEM A CALL. Usually it's just "life happens" or they aren't aware of a problem:

Get contact phone from someone you're involved in a transaction with here (http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow)

MOVINFAST
07-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I had to actually log in to my paypal account to see that a payment had been made

well yaaaaaaaaaaa.......it's not the buyer job to make the seller open his eyes......

ive been buying - selling for 5 years.....i have come across lazy sellers but this one takes the cake :rolleyes:

MOVINFAST
07-20-2004, 02:06 PM
anyway right after he got his fraud complaint he "found" the payment.....

tec_41
07-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Amazing conicidence. I dont use pay pal, just dont like that online payment method for some reason

rocknbil
07-20-2004, 04:01 PM
.....i have come across lazy sellers but this one takes the cake .....
Personal favorite: Guy has like 700 feedbacks and 3 or so negs. I scrolled through to the first neg it was something like:

DO NOT order from these people! Their packaging is AWFUL!! BAD BAD STAY AWAY!!!!!

Seller's response:

"He bought a sleeping bag and opened it with a box knife, expects me to refund."

:D LOL . . . .

bufferoo
07-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for holding the sarcasm MOVINFAST. :rolleyes:

You do know that sometimes things are not a matter of being lazy. I had completely forgotten about the sale and was simply used to the notifications. Are you not a little surprised when after 5 years of perfect service your alarm clock does not go off one morning for no apparent reason? Same sort of deal here. Buyer forgot about the sale as well. All things worked out fine and no harm done but sometime things just happen that we don't expect.

I'm sure that you do think of everything well beforehand and plan accordingly by not everyone is as gifted with precognition as you apprear to be. Now THAT'S sarcasm. :D

No harm no foul I say.

Bufferoo

KTRTS
07-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Personal favorite: Guy has like 700 feedbacks and 3 or so negs. I scrolled through to the first neg it was something like:

DO NOT order from these people! Their packaging is AWFUL!! BAD BAD STAY AWAY!!!!!

Seller's response:

"He bought a sleeping bag and opened it with a box knife, expects me to refund."

:D LOL . . . .

^^^What a 'tard :rolleyes: :D

rocknbil
07-20-2004, 04:37 PM
<shifts uncomfortably in his chair and opens his copy of RCCA>

KTRTS
07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Sorry, I was replying to the post about the guy opening his sleeping bag. Apologies, Bufferoo :o

itdood
07-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Don't trust email too much, especially if it's a work address. I admin a big system. We filter all inbound from ebay.com and paypal.com

It's becoming a best practice to kill these inbound to work systems because of the fraud, scams, viruses that spoof these domains, and generally people shouldn't be using their work accounts to register for these services. When in doubt, call them up.