PDA

View Full Version : Eever get bored of your cars?

Lynx131
07-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Do you guys ever get bored of your cars? Is there ever a time where u put them away for a while? And get them out a couple months later? Or do you never get bored of yours?

rocknbil
07-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Bored, no, 15 years or so. It's more an issue of finding time to do it. Longest I've gone without putting around at least twice a week was on my honeymoon two years ago. :D

MicroMan
07-21-2004, 11:41 AM
i used to get a little tired of them but i don"t anymore

packerfan3022
07-21-2004, 11:52 AM
only when its broken ;)

Animeboy123
07-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Nope never get bored with them. Its hard to run them in the summer b/c in Florida (were i live) it rains almost everyday or is very hot out. :(

SerialKillinSam
07-21-2004, 12:27 PM
i only gert boared when there broken and i cnat run them, that pisses me off

ayk_driver
07-21-2004, 12:45 PM
i once got to the point of boredom where i almost sold my maxx evader and my boats to put the $$$ towards my stang... but then i met like 11 guys from my city and now im glued to it lol

tec_41
07-21-2004, 12:54 PM
I never get tired of driving. It gets even more fun to make your car go faster, and faster so once you think your tired of driving, pop in a faster motor and your hooked again.

addz911k
07-21-2004, 01:19 PM
i never get bored, only wen they are broken

surfer
07-21-2004, 01:36 PM
i get boared of my electrics...

surfer
07-21-2004, 01:37 PM
this ones been there a while..

Spoon37
07-21-2004, 01:40 PM
nope.... :p

I decided long ago to have enough RC's so that there is always some running. recently My trucks suffered a few breakages taking me down to 4 runners....out of 18......

I'm fixing them up tho, up to 6 now, soon to be 8 runners...... :D

Cain
07-21-2004, 01:51 PM
When I get board of a vehicle, I sell it. Its more so the class or the quality of racing that I get board with. I did sedan racing for awhile but its just not my thing even though I was decent at it and could get around the track pretty well.

Maybe a change of vehicle is in order then?

Krasi_5000
07-21-2004, 05:16 PM
i've never gotten bored with my ntc3...maybe frustrated that the weather rains for 2 weeks straight or that sometimes just wont run right but never actually got bored.

HauntedMyst
07-21-2004, 05:18 PM
When I don't race, I get bored in an instant. I just can't bash and be entertained by r/c. The winter months are a bummer since we only race outdoors.

NitroBoy24
07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
I havent driven my GT for longer then 5 minutes for about 4 months and havent driven my ntc3 in about a month. Mainly because my gt needed a new engine for about a month and a half and then I finally got it and my electronics decided to crap out on me. So, after about 2 weeks I got them installed and took it out to break it in. Stupid throttle retainer clip fell off and was lost. So, I havent driven it since, mainly because its too hot. Same reason why I havent driven my ntc3, too dang hot!

But, I got a moutain bike a week or so ago so I have been riding it and keeping my mind off r/c. I am not "bored" of r/c, I just have a bunch of other fun hobbies to keep me busy.

gizmoguy303
07-21-2004, 06:08 PM
When I don't race, I get bored in an instant. I just can't bash and be entertained by r/c. The winter months are a bummer since we only race outdoors.

Same here. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't race. :eek:

Spoon37
07-21-2004, 07:13 PM
get an MT go crush some stuff..... :p

sorry but most racing vehicles dont bash very well....MT's are built to bash.....

:D

RC10racer89
07-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Get bored NEVER! If i'm not driving I'm doing one thing or another on my cars... buying parts, rebuilding shocks and diffs, upgrading, etc. etc.

surfer
07-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Same here. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't race. :eek:

ive never raced in a serious one :(

well...once in the novice class, got 2nd...but that was years ago...

ElectricThunder
07-21-2004, 08:45 PM
I definitely don't get bored with my RCs. As a matter of fact, I'm working on a project this week. Take my old traxxas street sport, hook up 10 2400 cells in a series to my duratrax streak, connect that to a 17x2 havok motor, and let her fly! Hopefully these batts are still good so it works! :D

FlashLCD33
07-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Yes, I get bored all the time. I drive the GT about 1 tank per week. I used to have a blast every time i'd work on it.. now I just don't even want to go out there to switch tires or switch the fuel tank.

maxxamillion
07-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Bored of driving? Never. Tired of the continuous maintenance to keep multiple vehicles running? Yes. I've left my rc's idle for 6mos. at a time more than once. :o

Toyotatogo
07-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Sure I get bored ...... but then I get right back in it off/on all the time. :cool:

primuswoostinkinhoo
07-21-2004, 09:21 PM
i go through phases, i dont bash at all only race, if there was no racing id prolly sell all my stuff, or start my own track of sorts. just recently i didnt race for about 2 months, i still made regular stops at the track tho and checked on here once in a while. but once im racing again, its hard to pay bills, cause its all i spend my time and money on, my gf doesnt like it much either, but its like oxygen for me when ive got the bug

astainback
07-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Not bored of the cars, bored of the places to drive them. I need a new location.

nicholcgn
07-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I don't get board racing my vehicles. I only get bored if I have no place to race. The competition is what makes it fun. Win or loose does not matter. Did I improve? Did I learn something from the other guy? Did we do some close racing and just have a good time.

LiTtl3_Mik3
07-21-2004, 10:48 PM
i dont get board but i need a break from it. sometimes it feels like i do the same thing every day and i need to change it up sometimes. college class have really cut down on my rc time. :( :( im workin on a project car for the winter racing which is a 12L3 chassis with the pod from a reflex12 :) :)

SS Pede
07-21-2004, 11:39 PM
I haven't gotten bored of the Stampede yet, mostly b/c I can always find something else to do to it, I don't feel it's "complete" yet. Too much grass around here for my taste, I wish I had a better place to run it. You know what I need? A BIG construction site nearby that is never finished, just gets rearranged sometimes! :)

Skribble
07-22-2004, 05:58 AM
Got burned out around a year ago. I just bought an E-Maxx, but I'm still burned out .. And I just dropped $350 on it, not counting the truck. I just figured I'm going to sell it, and start something else like Paintball.

microrcdude
07-22-2004, 11:23 AM
i got burned out a couple months ago, met Hara last weekend, and now im saving up to buy a B4

to-fast
07-22-2004, 12:28 PM
ive been bored of them onve but only for like a month and thats cus there is no one to run them with and i cant get to a track :(

nitroXfreak
07-22-2004, 03:09 PM
i got bored a while ago and put my nitro rustler on hold for about 2 years :eek:

when i took it out it was so messed up that i just bought a new one instead of trying to restore it :p

ososlow
07-22-2004, 05:08 PM
I get bored of my Tmaxx all the time. I break it and it sits there for a month or so until I feel up to going to the LHS to buy parts. When I get my parts, I usually break something else 5 tanks later and it sits for another month.
I screwed my new motor last week and now its going to sit for a very long time. I will probably take it to my LHS and see whay they will give me for it on trade for a 1/12 Miss Bud Pro Boat :D
If not, I will let it sit until I get enough confidence to go buy a new connecting rod so I can break it more :(

I was bored of this one radio shack boat for about 3 years it sat under my bed. I just took it out and built a custom mount to drop in a 12v 550 motor direct drive I had sitting around. A big upgrade from the 280 2:1 motor setup :eek: . I am actually excited to drive it again. :D

gizmoguy303
07-22-2004, 06:55 PM
If you guys are bored start racing. I guarantee you won't be bored anymore.

RCRACER2471
07-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Do you guys ever get bored of your cars? Is there ever a time where u put them away for a while? And get them out a couple months later? Or do you never get bored of yours?

Yes i get bored of my cars eventually. Currently right now im out of the hobby taking a little vacation but im sure ill be back sooner or later. I sold off all of my cars so I have to start over again whenever I decide to get back into the hobby. I visits the boards from time to time but right now I dont think about r/c other than working at a hobby store.....

RCRACER2471
07-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Got burned out around a year ago. I just figured I'm going to sell it, and start something else like Paintball.

Im with you on that one. I just started paintball recently just to try something new. Im starting to enjoy it like the rc hobby. Maybe it will be my new sport where I spend all my money on......

surfer
07-22-2004, 10:50 PM

for most of us we cant afford it

gizmoguy303
07-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Mow lawns. The novice class doesn't cost any more to be competitive than what you have now. ;)

uncle_jo3
07-22-2004, 11:10 PM
i just get tired of draging aqll my stuff out to play with it since im in a wheel chair for a while its tuff to get some one to help you and since i really dont have use of my right arm it hard to get mine started so, bored never it always fun watch my dad get a kick over it when im running it, or we have is tc3 out and drifting it and stuff like that but??????????? im looking for a micro so i can run it in my living room and not have to worry about my nirto cars for a little bit so if anyone has a rtr micro that they might want to trade a pretty heavly moded rush email me at colormebrown21@hotmail.com but like i said before its never boring

Skribble
07-23-2004, 02:23 AM
Im with you on that one. I just started paintball recently just to try something new. Im starting to enjoy it like the rc hobby. Maybe it will be my new sport where I spend all my money on......Also, it'll keep me in shape better, LoL. I'm 5'9", 155lbs, and I'm pretty sure eating junk food and the only exercise I get is walking to my car can't be good, LOL.

C.J.OO
07-23-2004, 03:08 AM
It only takes One good Bash session with a friend or two and Your'e Hooke again well thats how it is with Me....

krisI.925
07-24-2004, 03:20 PM
ya I got pretty board of them. Then I tried helicopters. And now my helicopter wont even fly because it desides to randomly take off at WOT. So im kinda wishen I had a nice reliable RC car.

RCRACER2471
07-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Also, it'll keep me in shape better, LoL. I'm 5'9", 155lbs, and I'm pretty sure eating junk food and the only exercise I get is walking to my car can't be good, LOL.

Same goes for me as well. Im 6' 2" 140 lbs and could use a little more outdoor fun........ :)

viperracing
07-24-2004, 05:29 PM
usually if my car or truck doesnt work, like my rc10gt(I need all electronics, nose tubes, new tank), i'll just take it apart and put it back together. if I get tired, i'll finsih putting it back together the next day. I can take apart my entire nitro rs4 2 and put it back together in the fastest time, with no instructions needed.

I guess having to build your car helps you remember it better later, i've never owned a rtr

RustyT3FT
07-25-2004, 01:17 AM
I used to race til I got a REAL car. My T3 FT sat for almost 10months. Since summer hit I forgot how fun they are to drive n maintain. Recently I got back into my Micro RS4 after strippin the servo out last winter. I made a track in my driveway n race my dad against his. If I ever get bored with the micro I'll shell out some dough to get my Rustler's steering block fixed. Rip it up with the T3 or go through anything with the jacked up Rustler or zip around on the driveway.

I'd say it never gets boring.....

C.J.OO
07-25-2004, 01:59 AM

Thats the Best quote in this Thread...
Youll be forever practicing trying to get youre lap times down ect..
It will change your'e whole out look on RC...
I guarentee it.. :D :cool: ;)

rpmmaxxed
07-25-2004, 11:27 PM
I have to second, well third that statement.

Racing puts R/C into an entirely new category apart from the other aspects. I have never gotten an adrenaline rush = to that of racing my NTC3. never. I have done some of the stupidist things in my life in search of the ultimate adrenaline rush, and nothing meets racing.

Rippin it up on a track with 5 or more other guys is awesome.

I cant wait till im 17 so I can begin my skydiving lessons...

RACING RULES!!!

GT Freak
07-26-2004, 12:10 AM
not bored, just sick of haveing all these cars around that dont run.. so im going to concentrarte on just 2, one on road, 1 off, rest r 4 sale

DrOlds
07-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Hey GT Freak-speaking of selling stuff-Where's the stuff I paid you for seven weeks ago? Why won't you respond to my emails?