PDA

View Full Version : Pro-line Rims wobble on B4

itdood
07-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi,

Anyone else have problems with pro-line velocity rims on a b4?

I just bought 2 sets, 1 yellow and 1 white set, and all 4 rims wobble really bad (tested without moutning any tires).

When I install just the inner bearing, they spin *almost* true. When I install both the inner and outer bearings, they bind really bad, the rim wobbles, and they do not spin very well.

My original AE rims don't wobble even with tires on and they spin much more freely.

I tried mounting tires on the pro-line velocities and the wobble was horrendous!

Thanks for any help!

baih
07-22-2004, 09:02 AM
i have found the same as you. this is why people have converted the front spindles to accept losi wheels. go to www.rc10b4.com and do a search.

itdood
07-22-2004, 10:07 AM
i have found the same as you. this is why people have converted the front spindles to accept losi wheels. go to www.rc10b4.com and do a search.

Thanks for the reply!

I can't believe pro-line would sell such crap.

microrcdude
07-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Couldnt we send the complaint to proline and have them make new wheels?

itdood
07-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Couldnt we send the complaint to proline and have them make new wheels?

I searched the rc10.com boards and a lot of others with the rims had the problem going back to early 2003 and it looks like several people contacted them about it to no avail. These rims have such bad run-out, I can't believe their own quality control didn't catch and correct before they hit the streets.

Here it is mid '04 and they're still selling them like that.

I emailed proline customer service yesterday and haven't heard back yet, I'll give it a few more days to see if they've corrected, if not, I'm sure Tower will take them back.

microrcdude
07-22-2004, 04:32 PM
doesnt trinity make B4 wheels also? I wonder if their any good?

itdood
07-22-2004, 11:37 PM
doesnt trinity make B4 wheels also? I wonder if their any good?

I'll have to check those out....I need to find something. I may do the Losi conversion talked about on rc10.com

pro-line never got back to me.

Tower is taking them back though, they were very cool about it. gotta love tower!

Cain
07-23-2004, 08:34 AM
anyone can post what the conversion involves?

itdood
07-23-2004, 10:42 AM
anyone can post what the conversion involves?

Here ya go

RC10B4.com - Front Wheel Mod (Losi Front Wheels) (http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2931&perpage=15&highlight=proline&pagenumber=1)

RichieRich
07-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Wow, this seems to be a big problem after reading the posts at RC10B4.com. I've noticed too that my Proline wheels for my B4 have tons of runout. This makes it difficult to set the camber. At first, I thought I was terrible at gluing on the tires. Then I realized that the wheels themselves just have issues. The wheels on my B3 didn't have these problems. I think they must have switched to a cheaper plastic or something. The plastic from the B4 wheels seems different from the plastic on my B3 wheels.

itdood
07-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Wow, this seems to be a big problem after reading the posts at RC10B4.com. I've noticed too that my Proline wheels for my B4 have tons of runout. This makes it difficult to set the camber. At first, I thought I was terrible at gluing on the tires. Then I realized that the wheels themselves just have issues. The wheels on my B3 didn't have these problems. I think they must have switched to a cheaper plastic or something. The plastic from the B4 wheels seems different from the plastic on my B3 wheels.

I just bought rear and front sets of AE b3 wheels for my b4. Looks like they'll fit... I know the offest is different, I'm not worried about staying in ROAR specs, these rims are for bashing.

Other than the losi conversion, it looks like we're S.O.L. on rims. I can't find any substitues. I tried orion, HPI, RPM... came up empty :(