PDA

View Full Version : Team Losi XXXT-Spec?

Insane Driver
07-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Can anyone find me anything about this truck? I know it's cheap, and probably discontinued. But I am looking to buy this thing because of the price, it's less than $100. Of course I'd have to buy electronics and stuff of that sort, but where can I get one? I've been to Ultimate Hobbies, but is that the only place they sell them? Any help would be nice. I want a new one, not used, so don't ask if I will buy your's.

FantomTC3
07-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Is this the t-spec you are talking about?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGVU5&P=0

racer234
07-22-2004, 01:36 PM
No he's looking at the Losi XXX-t Spec. The truck is pretty good for the money, the only downside would be the bushings on the wheels, but that's easy to change. The tranny spins on ball bearings so that's good too. Overall it's a good truck that has the same design as the XXX-T which is constantly winning major races. I'd recommend it, especially at that price.

microrcdude
07-22-2004, 01:44 PM
It's discontinued and been discontinued for a while now. I remember when i was gonna buy the truck, but nobody had it.

Cain
07-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Its a good truck for the money. Find out what the ball bearing size is for the wheels and you can order some up from RCBoyz pretty cheap. There may be some other changes as well, not sure.

PhsykoManMKAO
07-22-2004, 07:11 PM
good for the money but needs ball bearings in tires and a cvd kit or dogbones, plastic just doesnt amuse me. i got the spec buggy. its great for club racers who dont have loads of cash

porky
07-22-2004, 11:35 PM
I bought 3 of them late last summer from a big RC catalog company in CA.
Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the company, but I know they
do advertise in RCCA. That is one of the reasons why I bought them because
I think it was a "blow out" deal. Somebody out there has some laying around.

Sorry, I hope that helps somewhat :(

LasagnaCat
07-23-2004, 12:36 AM
You can buy a used Matt Francis XXX-T (in GREAT shape) for under $100 now, prices on them have dropped drastically since the MF2 came out. With that being the case, I would suggest not even considering the spec kit unless you were dead set on having a brand new kit.

T/Losi
07-23-2004, 04:40 AM
Check it out @ http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/xxx_spec.htm
Only downside is it doesn't have full ball bearings.

Cheers

Cain
07-23-2004, 08:33 AM
One thing though is when buying used you also get the other persons build and usage issues. If you are new and considering a new vehicle, it would probably be better to just get a new vehicle off the bat.

LasagnaCat
07-23-2004, 04:06 PM
If you know what you're doing, that's not an issue. Even if you have to replace $2-20 worth of parts you're still coming out ahead for a $200+ kit at less than half price. The last Francis we bought (eBay, $91 shipped) was almost brand new. Took an hour to go through the truck, replace one slightly bent turnbuckle (which we had, and for those that don't know.. send the bent/broken ones in to Lunsford and they replace them FREE,) and readjust the diff and it was good to go. It also came with roughly $50 in new spare parts. I know the thread starter mentioned not wanting a used truck, but at this point in time I can't really find any good reason to want to buy a spec kit unless you have your heart set on it for whatever personal reasons. If you're careful and have even somewhat of an idea what you're doing, there's no real reason to not consider used equipment. If that doesn't apply to you, there are MANY people here (if you don't know a person in the real world) that will be willing to help with that. A quick run through the boards will give you a pretty darn good idea of which people *know* what they're doing enough to be qualified to help. :)

Edit: On a side note, if it's your first kit you're more than likely going to have "build issues" anyway. ;) If a new spec kit were even remotely close in price to one of the higher end models of the same kit I'd totally agree with you. But to buy an outdated/discontinued entry-level version of a truck that you'll just spend more money on (buying the bearings and whatnot that COME with a used MF) if you stay with the hobby for MORE than the top of the line kit used... I'd personally take my chances.