PDA

View Full Version : Even Experienced people make mistakes

Dino451
07-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Ive been into rc for about four and a half years now and iam always learning something knew. Today I learned a new lesson, Always check your radios settings. I was out ready to drive one of my ntc3's. I started it up and everything was fine. Since I have two tc3's I use one fm radio with switchable channels and custom settings for each car. Since i havent driven my car in a few weeks i didnt remember which car I had out, I thought I had the wrong settings on my radio and switched the custom settting to my other cars and for some reason off it went. It crashed into a curb at about 35mph. It flew up about five feet and landed sideways. I was lucky that the only thing that broke was a cracked bumper. The center driveshaft broke and the chassis bent but it was bent back and nearly straight. Man these things tough.

MicroMan
07-22-2004, 08:39 PM
U R VERY lucky

I'll give it a "9" :)

Dino451
07-22-2004, 09:52 PM
wanted to edit but could'nt for some reason, The center drive shaft did'nt break but bent. I straightned it to near wobble free.

MicroMan
07-22-2004, 10:03 PM
My .21 NMT ran away and hit a tall curb at at least 45 mph. Result=total front end replacement.

surfer
07-22-2004, 10:48 PM
i know its not a car or truck by my brother lost contact with my firebird xl and it landed on the 5 freeway .. :cool: i never saw it together in one peice after that, all i found was the battery pack and half of the wing.

:o

uncle_jo3
07-22-2004, 11:15 PM
why were on the subject of hitting things i was out driving my tmaxx it was about dusk time then *BANG* i clipt a tree torn the skid plate off, broke the bellcrank thing anf broke to front bulkhead all this at about 20mph=)