PDA

View Full Version : failsafes

jjmag26
07-23-2004, 10:14 AM
How important are they? Can't I just use a throttle return spring and be done with it. I know on my nitro trucks when they go to far and lose transmission, the throttle return spring justs stops the truck until I get back within distance? I'm buying my first onroad car and not sure if i want to get a failsafe for it. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jason

uncle_jo3
07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
i would say since it on road i would because with a return spring it backs off slower than what a fail safe is so if you running on road you want to to goback to the setting as quick as possiable (higher speeds for on road) but this is just my opinion hope it helps =)

nitroXfreak
07-23-2004, 01:59 PM
when you get radio interferance or something of the like is when you need a failsafe because a trs just won't cut it. a trs is meant to pull the servo back the reciever pack is out of juice. when the servo is stuck in one position a trs won't do anything.

jjmag26
07-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I'll look into getting one for my new car. Any suggestions on a brand and where to buy? Thanks, Jason

-=ADA$=-
07-23-2004, 05:02 PM
ive had both situations, once ive lost juice in RX pack, and second time friends servo stuck WOT, when pack gone dead TRS worked fine, but when the servo got stuck ( cause TX was wet) it didnt help, so i think both would be great, OR in such case turn the TX off and TRS will make it!