PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q's: Electric Motor Spray same as Nitro Spray

Farwar
07-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Is Electric Motor spray(Duratrax Powershot) that I have the same thing as nitro spray. Can i use the powershot to clean metals in my nitro engine?

rocknbil
07-28-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't know, but if the question is can you use electric motor to clean your nitro, sure, no telling how good it will do but it shouldn't hurt anything. Test it carefully if you have a plastic carb (but it still shouldn't hurt it.)

Next time go to the Auto store and look for electric motor cleaner, WAY cheaper. :D

_HUMAN_CLAY_
07-28-2004, 09:52 PM
I would not recomend it, electric spray is made for electronics, it is for clean dirt off electronics, nitro spray is really abrasive and is cheeper too, I would stick to the nitro for nitro and electric for electric

SS Pede
07-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Motor spray like Power Shot isn't just for cleaning off electronics. In fact, aren't motors the only really electronic thing that Power Shot type spray is meant to clean? It's safe on electronics, but I don't spray my speed control with it or anything.

I know it's great for cleaning bearings and stuff. The only issue I can think of is maybe it isn't strong enough to get rid of nitro residue? I don't know, I only have electric. :)

Farwar
07-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I sprayed the outside of my nitro motor and it cleaned it up very good. I called my LHS and they said it's good to use on metal to clean the grease off.

I read the label to and it said good for various metal r/c parts. Thanks for your help.

Baja-Destroyer
07-29-2004, 02:43 PM
i use powershot to clean everything it works great i clean my nitro boat with it after every time i use it to prevent rust and keep it clean and i use it to clean my elec motors and cars