PDA

View Full Version : My NEW REVO!! woo. hoo.

surfer
07-29-2004, 12:37 AM
alright, the very first thing i must say before i get anywhere about this truck, is.......*thank god for the OptiDrive!

engine/ez-start/exhaust

Well, satarting this puppy for the first time was one hell of an annoying time, after 10 minutes of EZ-turnin i finally got it started by dropping a couple of drops of nitro into the carb. After that she never stalled after the break in tank. yes, im crazy, i could only stand one break-in tank, because it took 45-minutes of idle to burn it all off. When i got the 2nd tank running, i started cruising around and did about 10 WOT's up and down my street, the engine performed like no other compared to the normal 2.5. I didnt have a temp gauge but after two tanks of running this engine it was noticably cooler to the touch compared to one tank in a normal 2.5.

suspension/tires

Can you say "PLUSH!" ? In m 9-10 years in R/C, growing up around all the rc10's and owning a good number of monster trucks, i can honestly say this is the absolute smoothest suspension i have ever encountered. It soaked up the curb smacks and the landings from my mini-jump with no problem at all. Also, for a truck this size, it has a superb turning radious, it can get around just about any tight course very quickly. Now for the tires, id have to say, they seem to work great on asphault, they have a very good bite in the street. Yes, i know they arn't street tires, but i didnt have anywhere to test the truck at all in the dirt. So, thats basically all i can say about the tires and suspension until i get to beat it to death at the jumps tomarrow.

Electronics

*As i was going WOT and shifting into 2nd gear it the engine just cutout, and for a second i thought i blew out my 2nd glow plug of the night. But then when i turned over the engineit fired up instantly, so i didnt think much of it after. And now, i did a second WOT up my street, and again it cut out when it shifted into second. Now i noticed the battery voltage light was blinking orange, so being the genious i am i realised the opti drive was saving my truck and my wallet for me. So now all of you know, the optidrive is basically a failsafe, since it saved my butt ;). The optidrive also does a fantastic job of shifting into reverse, it was very simple, quick, and smooth. there were no sounds or ratcheting to report of when shifting. Steering: The two 2055 servos provided a perfect amount of torque and speed to get the big wheels turning fast. They did an excellent job of steering clear of my ankles :rolleyes:. But, for the only complaint i have about the electronics, is, the Antenna. Why the antenna you ask? Becasue it took me 1 hour 6 min. to get it in the tube.. now i know im officially an idiot, or the antenna had to many kinks in it.

damage report:
stock glow plug burnt out before i ever started the engine :rolleyes:
-thats it-

Pic time!

All the pics: http://photobucket.com/albums/v257/humprnr/Revo/?action=logout

straight out of the box
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/humprnr/Revo/IMG_0606.jpg

squishy squishy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/humprnr/Revo/IMG_0608.jpg

ooooh
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/humprnr/Revo/IMG_0632.jpg

MicroMan
07-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I HATE YOU! :mad:

LOL! :D I can't wait till I buy one. Have fun with it. :)

P.S. Make your pics bigger, they are really hard to see :D

surfer
07-29-2004, 12:56 AM
lol*

*thats 75%, you should see 100%

surfer
07-29-2004, 03:36 AM
this is the most un-active revo thread in history :rolleyes:

Toyotatogo
07-29-2004, 03:45 AM
We need more photos and one or two videos thats all .. :D Photos tend to bring viewers ,but videos bring crowds.... lol :D

surfer
07-29-2004, 04:00 AM
i have a link to all the pics in my post..there just to big to post here

i should have a video up tomarrow night

rocknbil
07-29-2004, 04:45 AM
Last I heard you were getting your ear ripped off by your mom dragging you off from the LHS counter.

How did you do it? Did you whine your way into her wallet?

:D

Foolish move on the one-tank breakin, but at least you're having fun.

MurcielagoR-GT
07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Did you run WOT on the second tank? If so, it won't be running great for long! :rolleyes:

-=ADA$=-
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
i dont get it how can it turn of the engine, i know it could stop it from shifting but how the hell does it turn off the engine, its possible only "mechanical" way, : something would have to touch the flywheel, close fuel/air supply, i think its your settings not the opti drive that shut of the engine, mine does similar, if i go wot, give it a sharp turn it will bog down befor srar accelerating, im sure its same thing but yours richer,
and about antenna, its not your fault, its the antenna tube, ive had same problem, until i got yokomo antenna tube ( about 2 for $1,5) its wider, so putting antenna in it takes about 1 minute even less

Baja-Destroyer
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
i dont get how people are so bad at putting antena wires through the antena for some reason i can do it with ease my friends always have me do it for them lol

Farwar
07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE =surfer]now i know im officially an idiot QUOTE]

Yes you are for skipping the break-in procedure. :rolleyes: You spend $600 on a truck and you don't even break it in properly. :eek: Nice truck bye the way. I want to see some cool videos.

surfer
07-29-2004, 02:51 PM
well....theres no way ill stay sane after 5 break in tanks...

i have a problem breaking my engines in for more than a tank, but my engines always last more than 2 gallons.

i did the same thing with my maxx and its getting close to 2 1/2 gallons

MicroMan
07-29-2004, 02:51 PM
He didn't pay for it. LOL :)

rocknbil
07-29-2004, 02:55 PM
surfer you have just proved a very important point: much of what we do in this hobby is for safety's sake and can often be ignored and the world will not end. But sometimes it does.

I DO believe you voided your warranty though. :D

Anyway, answer my question man, how'd you convince that ear-draggin' mamma to shell out the greenbacks for a Revo huh? :D

MicroMan
07-29-2004, 03:06 PM
He did chores. At least that is what I remember him saying. :)

surfer
07-29-2004, 04:22 PM
nope..its a story..

ok, well, i go to a military academy during the school year and since ive been going there, ive averaged over a 3.5 gpa, and before i went the academy, i averaged a .5 gpa. and my parents coulnt be happier, but, until tuesday night, i brought up that i didnt want to attend the school for my sophmore year, becasue i wanted to get a job at hobby people or my LHS, and make some money for myself. so my parents got really freaked out about it but they talked me into going back to the school, and after that my mom and dad were we will buy you any parts you need to support your hobby for now on. then my mom said " tomarrow ill take you to go get that truck you wanted". hhehehe, like that bill? and anyways, i went to my lhs the next day to drop off my t-maxx to sell, but they didnt want it becasue it wasnt rtr. so then we went to hobby people to go get the REVO...but no! they sold the last one they day before!! ahh.. so in my moment of sadness, i remembered there was an LST and my LHS, so asked my mom if i could get that instead since it was 100$ more, and she said yes. so we got there and as i walked in they were just recieving 3 revos!!! so, i got it, now i love it....i sleep with it too.! well, thats the story bill.

heres a new link to the pictures!
http://photobucket.com/albums/v257/humprnr/Revo/

brickshelf
07-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I should do that! :D

surfer
07-29-2004, 07:22 PM
well, i just bent my pushrod after hitting a PVC pipe that was stickin out of the ground :rolleyes:

rocknbil
07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
All I can say is, your parents are major push-overs. :D Looks like you know how to work 'em though, you need to figger out some way to pay it forward, that is a nice truck. :D

Well I feel no sympathy for the bend rod, sorry (for not being sorry) you know my ideas on driving an RC where it belongs . . . . take it as a lesson and find another place to run.

MicroMan
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
OOH, Pretty cooling head. :)

:D ME LIKEY :D

Good job surfer, you have officially mastered the art of playing parents. I would hae gone with an LST though.

surfer
07-29-2004, 10:20 PM
nah, im loyal to associated, other than the mini-t i had, ill never own a losi..unless i won it ;)

bil: the rod doesnt effect the truck at all...its just bent, thats all ;) maybe all get the nice aluminum red ones this weekend if they are out yet

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/accessories/original/red-pushrods-lg.jpg

surfer
07-30-2004, 05:52 PM
my bronco

rocknbil
07-30-2004, 10:35 PM
<weeps>

You know how you see those little dogs that people dress up in sweaters and pants, with little bows on their ears, they're usually slung across someone's arm and they look at you with that little look in their eyes (heeelp meee . .. .saaaave me . . . .) . . . . That's how I feel looking at that Revo with a Bronco body on it.

:D

J/K 'ing you man you know I'm just jealous.

surfer
08-03-2004, 02:30 AM
bil :rolleyes:

always jealous

MicroMan
08-03-2004, 11:58 AM
I think we all need a video. :D

surfer
08-03-2004, 01:59 PM
i made a street running video , its about 5 minutes long, -but- , when i try and upload it onto rc pi cs it just loads and doesnt do anything else... so i need to find a new host.

p.s. its only street running, thats it, next weekend i will try and make a nice dirt one.

T/Losi
08-05-2004, 05:51 AM
Well, it sounds like u had fun :cool:

Cheers

chrisAtmaxx
08-05-2004, 11:23 PM
I dont mean to piss you off or ne one on this forum for that matter but im also going to be a sophmor and it annoys me when kids get there parents to buy them there stuff. i got myself into the hobby and i have worked hard for everything i have in this hobby. i got into it almost 2 years ago and now i work at my lhs i own a t-maxx reflex 12 and a micro rs4 and all have been hoped up for racing with the best of the best (except for the t-maxx it was my first truck and i got hop ups tht were more for looks then performance) but thts besides the point. the point is if you dont work for what you get then u will never learn to work to acheive things. most of the kids i know who are into the hobby have their parents buy them everything where it takes me a while just to save up b/c 1/2 of what i make i put in the bank and these kids dont understand that u cant always get what you want. so i think that your parents are making a big mistake spoiling you b/c its only going to set you back in the future

surfer
08-06-2004, 02:30 AM
there not spoiling me. its the first thing theyve got me in a while, i have to get everything myself usually, they pay 36,000 a year for my tuition, and because of that i dont hop anything up, i just go along trading my r/c's. but now, since where i got to school, and how long im in school, i cant get hired, ive tried to get many jobs this summer, and i cant because of the time i have off, i have at least 3 weeks less than pubic, and i cant work during the year, and i only get to drive my r/c's, see my family, hang with my gf, for 1 day a week. and in return for my mom being disabled and working, and my dad working the usual 98 hours a week (hes a police officer) im doing more than i can to get a scholarship, so they can still afford there retirement house in belize. so dont call me spoiled, im not a little rich brat who has a roller coaster in his backyard, im just a kid who barely has a life anymore, and has only one thing he can appreciate, my parents. spoiled is not $480 on an r/c, spoiled is a brand spankin new bmw m5 for a 16yr old jailbird from his rich daddy.

MurcielagoR-GT
08-06-2004, 08:54 PM
there not spoiling me. its the first thing theyve got me in a while, i have to get everything myself usually, they pay 36,000 a year for my tuition

$36,000, yea right! I am going to Texas ATM this coming spring or next fall, and the tution is only like $10,000. And that is out of state... Where are you going that cost just as much as Harvard's tution? :D :D :p :p

so i think that your parents are making a big mistake spoiling you b/c its only going to set you back in the future

Just b/c parents might buy their kids stuff sometimes does not make them spoiled... :rolleyes: I guess I follow under being spoiled, I am getting a Porsche 911 later this year. Hey, what's wrong with being spoiled!?

edit: I do have a job so I know the values of working and all that!

revocrazykid14
08-06-2004, 10:03 PM
my bronco

do u know where i can find bodies 4 tha revo cuz i need a new body bad! :)
n if ur pushrod is bent cuz my neighbor hit tha corner of a fence just flip it around until u get a new 1 :) n thanx

chrisAtmaxx
08-06-2004, 10:16 PM
i dont think i made myself clear when i said that. what i ment by spoiled is these parents who get their kids anything they want whenever they want. and by the way there is no way your tution it $36000. Yale which is rite down the road from my house is probally the best school in the world (harvard may be better) and there there tuition is about $45000 so i highly doubt your military prep school was that much.

MurcielagoR-GT
08-07-2004, 01:29 AM
do u know where i can find bodies 4 tha revo cuz i need a new body bad! :)
n if ur pushrod is bent cuz my neighbor hit tha corner of a fence just flip it around until u get a new 1 :) n thanx

Check out Pro-Line! Almost all of their bodies fit on the REVO. Some of them require extended body post mounts which are or already have come out.