PDA

View Full Version : Is the new Losi BK2 XXX buggy much better than the original BK XXX?

sludog
07-29-2004, 04:29 AM
I have seen the original Losi XXX BK buggy for sale for very low prices at hobby shops. Is the new one that much better to make this cars price so low? I know that the new BK has better steering and tranny set up. Would it be worth it to buy an original BK buggy and upgrade it with BK2 option parts or just spend the extra money for the new version?

Fluke
07-29-2004, 05:58 AM
If i were you,i'll take the cheap bk and upgrade later on if needed

sludog
07-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I am leaning towards the original to save at least $100. I could buy a ton of upgrades with that much extra cash. i'll probably run it stock till something breaks.

baih
07-29-2004, 09:08 AM
the b2k2 and kinwald version's do not have that many common parts. buy the b2k2. you never know when they will quit making parts for the older version's

sludog
07-29-2004, 09:18 AM
do you think $250 is to high for this kit? Is it really worth the extra $100-$150?

HYPA
07-29-2004, 12:22 PM
It really depends on how compeditive YOU are. If you are not a very good driver then the differences between the two probably won't affect you too much. If you are highly compeditive then go for the BK2 as the differences will probably make a difference (for the good) in your driving. From what I hear the BK2 is better than the original BK in all areas except jumping. However if you are an average driver then you won't be any faster with the BK2 than with the original BK. Just my 2c.

Gutter Ball
07-29-2004, 12:36 PM
the b2k2 and kinwald version's do not have that many common parts. buy the b2k2. you never know when they will quit making parts for the older version's
They have LOTS of common parts. The chasis, arms, shock towers, shocks, turnbuckles, battery brace, front end, servo stuff are the same. Well the BK2 arms and hubs are different because of the holes, but they'll work just fine with the original XXX. I believe they are already phasing out the older arms/hubs for the new ones.

The main difference is the entire tranny, rear kick plate, rear hingepin design, and the CVD's. I got rid of both my Kinwald's and got 2 BK2's. It may be in my head, but I'm going faster with my BK2 and am closing in on those pesky B4's for 1st place :cool:

HYPA
07-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Hehe theres the answer to your question sludog. Get a B4 and no one can touch you ;)

Gutter Ball
07-30-2004, 12:07 AM
*oops* double post?

Gutter Ball
07-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Hehe theres the answer to your question sludog. Get a B4 and no one can touch you ;)
:p That's what them B4 guys think. It took me awhile, half the season actually (had to give the AE guys a head start :D) to find the right setup (too many arm positions!) and now I'm only 10 seconds behind the 4WD guys :) and a lap faster than the AE guys. I think I can still catch them to take first.

You can always get the regular Kinwald, and then get the newer parts as you break them. As I mentioned, the only major difference is the tranny and rear end.