PDA

View Full Version : Gucci or Sirio?...

RespirologyRC
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Well let me start by saying that I am married and work long hours. Not that this wasn't enough but I am also an addict. An R/C addict! :D I am starting this thread not for myself but because I want to use this little space as a confessional of sorts. I would go to church and confes but am scared of what could happen when that door to the confesion booth closes :( :eek:

Well my aniversary is coming up and I thought it would be nice to take my wife to Las Vegas for a weekend. I decided I would go big to show her that I care and that I am really not a selfish workaholic! So I booked a flight to LV and reservations at the Belagio and even bought tickets to see Cir del Sole (you know the show), so so far I'm up to a couple of grands. To even further show my love for my wife I went ahead and made dinner reservations at 2 restaraunts that should run me almost a thousand! :eek: (I never spend this much money on food in a year let alone a weekend!)
So you would think that I am a great man right? Feeling that I spent sooooo much money for our anniverssary I decided to splurge a little on myself. I bought RB728, Revo, JR xs3, and a sniper rifle Tippman paintball gun :D :p . Then as time passed I got a bad feeling that I screwed up something in our vegas trip so I filled my wife in about our anniversary plans (she was super super excited) but then she noticed that I booked our hotel for 3 nights and our plane tickets for one night. Basically we would land on a thursday and have to board a new plain on sat night. So now I have to fork over another 400 to fix the plane tickets (Delta airlines suckssssssssssss!) Because of this I was unable to support my addiction. So what's a guy todo?--- Easy pick up some extra hours and hope the wife doesn't get pissed! Wrong!!!! She was bul@#$* and I was in the nitro house. But you know what?- I bought that damn Mini Giant anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel better now, and one more thing my mini giant snuggles up next to me with no problem. See you in vegas baby!!

RespirologyRC
07-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Ho I forgot most importantly, One of thereasons why my wife was ripped at me was because she wanted a gucci bag for 700.0 and change, and I told her that I couldn't afford it. That same day I had to leave for work and while I was out the UPS guy shows up with a box...it had my REVO in it! (By the way this happened today) So she called me up tonight and asked me again about the bag , while myself not knowing that she opened the package and saw the cost of my Revo. Again I told her that I was working long hard hours to correct our screwed up flight tickets. So she rips me a hole from top to bottem and tells me abut the revo and then tells me how I am a selfish little man that doesn't care about anyone but myself and my toys.

Not for anything guys but if anything happens to my Revo I'm gonna need a lawyer!!!!

Baja-Destroyer
07-30-2004, 01:03 AM
lol how i enjoy life as a kid cuz if u hate ur chick dump em get a new one and spend a little more on ur toys

RespirologyRC
07-30-2004, 01:07 AM
when your done playing with youself you'll understand. By this statement I mean playing with your RC stuff.

RespirologyRC
07-30-2004, 01:07 AM
I'm a kid too and she just doesn't see it. hahahahaahah gagagagoo

MicroMan
07-30-2004, 01:08 AM
You've already spent like 10 grand, what's another thousand if it will keep the wife quiet?

Better yet, buy her an rc car and get her into the hobby. That way you two can have fun on your way to the homeless shelter.

LOL J/K :D

Baja-Destroyer
07-30-2004, 01:11 AM
i tried to give my dad an rc car a roller but he told me he dont like the on road cuz it dont go any where he wants to go off road lol but he said he would take my t4 lol

surfer
07-30-2004, 02:23 AM
marriage sounds....fun?

kitty
07-30-2004, 03:11 AM
Lemme get this straight. Flight to Vegas with hotel reservations at the Bellagio, tickets to Cirque du Soleil, and reservations at two restaurants that'll cost about a grand. Dinner alone works out to $250 a plate for two people. Top it off with an additional $400 to fix the plane ticket snafu. Pardon me while I recover.

Okay, better now. So you bought yourself a few goodies. Serious goodies, but nowhere near the cost of the weekend in Vegas, yet she gets her bloomers in a bunch over wanting a $700 Gucci bag?! Dude, that is seriously messed up! Do you have any idea as to what she was planning on buying you for your anniversary?

RespirologyRC
07-30-2004, 09:39 AM
I gave her a list of small items so that she doesn't screw it up. One time I asked her as a joke to but me a pair of High Flow Catalytic converters for my porsche, and she did but they were the wrong ones :) Gotta love the effort in that one!! When ever it's gift time for something or other I now always make her a list with websites and prices. This way she knows what the price is and the exact location. For my anniversary list these are some of the things that I put down:

1. Fantom Micro motor for mini-t
2. Night vision infrared paintball goggles
3. My Revo (she won't give it to me)...any lawyers out there?
4. Paid track day (for porsche PCA)
5. Any thing that may look good on me (clothing wise I suck at dressing myself)
6. Roock 18" 2 piece wheels
7. LST (fat chance but worth asking for)
8. Unlimeted engineering 4 shoe clutch system and strobe slipper
9. XRAY buggy (another fat chance item)

These are just some of the things I ask for, other stuff like CD's and ties are there just not listed here.

Here's a quick story; I came home from work just a few moment ago and decided to mess around with my Sniper Rifle (paintball) when I saw the Pizza guy who was busting my chops about playing with my mini-t, Soo guess what I did? Yaaa hahahahah I pegged him really well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) I live on the 3rd floor and he was street level He didn't see me coming. I can't begin to describe the fun I'm gonna have with this thing. I'll have to post some pics of it to show it off!!! I'm telling you guys if you love nitro/electric RC stuff you'll DEFINETLY LOVE SNIPER PAINTBALL RIFLES

RespirologyRC
07-30-2004, 09:41 AM
oh of all the things that I put on my list I feel that the one that would present my wife with the most challenge would be the Track day, soo that is the one I want most!!!!!

Mathew J
07-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Lemme get this straight. Flight to Vegas with hotel reservations at the Bellagio, tickets to Cirque du Soleil, and reservations at two restaurants that'll cost about a grand. Dinner alone works out to $250 a plate for two people. Top it off with an additional $400 to fix the plane ticket snafu. Pardon me while I recover.

Okay, better now. So you bought yourself a few goodies. Serious goodies, but nowhere near the cost of the weekend in Vegas, yet she gets her bloomers in a bunch over wanting a $700 Gucci bag?! Dude, that is seriously messed up! Do you have any idea as to what she was planning on buying you for your anniversary?

I think you misread his post....

initial Fight to Vegas, reservations at the Bellagio, and tickets to Cirque du Soleil cost him about $3k+, dinner at two places is about $1K total, so $500 each place, and now cause he screwed up with the flight reservatons he has to pay an additional $400 on top to correct....plus his wife wants a $700 Gucci Handbag....

so about $5100 in total so far including the bag and the correction? am I correct resp?

with the bag and you car I would say just bone up and buy her the handbag...but why does she want a Gucci? sorry but for that kind of coin I would have though she would rather have a Hermes or Louis Vuitton, luckily my wife hates any of those companies and prefers coach so it is less $$$...

However I don't know how much credibility there is in these tales as this is the same guy claiming to be a MD yet also shooting pizza guys in the back with paintballs over a silly comment about his RC habit? I am hoping that other story was just that, a story.

MurcielagoR-GT
07-30-2004, 11:29 AM
What restaurants are you eating at that are $250 a plate? Whenever we have family come in we take them out to places like Circo, Picasso, Aquanox. I don't ever remember spending that much!
You forgot to factor in gambling into the budget also, budget in about $1,000 for every hour at table games :D .

kyoshoisbest
07-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey! I would have done the same thing to the pizza guy(but my mom would have a cow)! :D

InspGadgt
07-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Dude...paintball rocks! I myself started out with a Tippmann A5 and have recently moved up to a Smart Parts Shocker 03. I bet it sure felt good to shoot that pizza guy...there's a few people I'd love to shoot as well...but I really must point out how dangerous it is to shoot someone who's unprotected. Had you missed and hit his face you would do serious damage to him. Or some reader here may read the post and think it's a cool idea and injur someone trying the same thing. Lets keep it safe and set a good example...Shoot people on the field...not off.

-=ADA$=-
07-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Your great for your wife, you deserve some of the money, heck if i were a women i would marry you right now :D:D:D
oh and you can tell her ok you can have your bag if we cancel our trip to vegas :D:D ( that would be mean- sorry)

HauntedMyst
07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Seems like you two need to figure out how you are going to spend your money so you can both get what you want in time without pissing each other off. Yeah it was nice you bought the trip and all, but the impression I got is that your sneaking around buying all this R/C stuff and leaving her in the dark about it and then she's getting mad at you for it and your getting mad at her for getting mad! It's an issue of communication. It's about communicating what you want and then figuring out the budget on when each of you can get it. It's just being courteous to each other and respecting each others needs and wants.

FYI, It isn't wrong for her to want a Gucci bag any more then it is for him to want his R/C stuff. It's just a matter of working it out.

surfer
07-30-2004, 05:47 PM
go to venice beach and look thruogh the stands for the fake gucci's, theyre like 70$ and they look real.

maxxamillion
07-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Your biggest expense yet will be for the lawyer-the divorce lawyer!
Make sure your wife gets what she wants(toy wise lol! :D )!
Purchases behind the back makes for lack of trust.
Trust me. I learned!
Plus you'll lose interest in your 'hobby' when it causes you heartache in your marriage.
Just a little wisdom for ya Respirology, having been there. Not trying to pick on you.
Don't forget the aspirin when ya go to Vegas!

RespirologyRC
07-31-2004, 02:51 AM
About vegas, we drink wine so that brings the price up a wopping 150-230$ depending on the bottle we choose. As far as gambling- we don't. The most I know how to play is Uno and I don't think that the belagio has a profesional uno table, BUT if they do count the misses and I in.:) When we go away the most we ever really spend on gambling is 100.00 I and her find it really hard to part with our money knowing that we may or may not win. I admit it there are a lot of things in my life that obviously isn't exposed on this forum, but one thing that I must admit is that she would like me to buy her the bag now. The only problem is, her birthday falls two days after our anniversary. So obiously I'm going to get her the bag but it's going tobe a bday gift. The trip is a gift also but it's more like an our gift to us for our anniversary. Although i did try to convince her that it was her bday gift too. She wouldn't buy it!

oh she also let me have my revo today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) This thing is beautiflul!! The pics in the mags don't do it justice!!! I haven't used it yet probably because it looks nice and clean and I don't want to get it dirty yet!!!

kitty
07-31-2004, 08:03 PM
I think you misread his post....

initial Fight to Vegas, reservations at the Bellagio, and tickets to Cirque du Soleil cost him about $3k+, dinner at two places is about $1K total, so $500 each place, and now cause he screwed up with the flight reservatons he has to pay an additional $400 on top to correct....plus his wife wants a $700 Gucci Handbag....
Nope. Just did the math differently. $500 each place, divided by two people makes $250 a plate, as it were. Yes, I know there will be more than one plate per person (different courses), but that's the way people refer to it.

However I don't know how much credibility there is in these tales as this is the same guy claiming to be a MD yet also shooting pizza guys in the back with paintballs over a silly comment about his RC habit? I am hoping that other story was just that, a story.
I'm leaning towards "story" myself. For one, if anyone saw him do it, he could land his butt in jail quickly. Shooting paintballs at people is considered on the same par as shooting them with pellet guns. I'm beginning to question the validity of anything he says any more. Not long ago, he mentioned being an intern. Interns don't make that much money and have tons of loans to pay off. So unless he has a huge inheritance or trust fund, there's no way he can have a Porsche and live large in Vegas for an anniversary. If you really want to dig deeper into his psyche, observe the lack of maturity in doing something like shooting at the pizza delivery guy, much less getting his knickers twisted over a silly comment the guy allegedly made. Add to that a certain writing style that shows lack of education and maturity. How often do you see a well-educated guy around here use so many exclamation points? Once again, I call BS on his stories.

RespirologyRC
07-31-2004, 08:36 PM
If you want I can take pics of my porsche, paintball gun, RC collection, dogs, appartment, can't give you my MD license (I'm not that ignorant, com-on where on the net), ask steve to look up my email address it says it all there!!! Not only this but fact: Most people that make it to medical school come from money!!! How else do poeple manage to live on the measly 18k a year that you make when one graduates? Hey, ask your PCP and he/she will openly tell you that the majority of people who attend med school come from mid-upper class fams with big support! I don't need to defend that validity of my life not story or farse! Did I shot a pizza guy early in the morning? Maybe- maybe not? But lets say that one time and one time only you shot someone from a distance of 30 Yards with a sniper rifle paintball gun that is clocked at 340feet/per second what are the chances that I will get caught if I never do it again? Not very likely! I didn't say I go out and shot people everyday and walk away feeling like a king, I do have a moral and ethical side to me!! You know my Attending (MD that is my Boss) drives a Honda Civic; does this mean he's poor? No that is what he likes. I like cars and things that go fast, and because I am an intern does that make a difference? No not really. If anyone of you came to me I would treat you with the upmost respect!!

Cursing, hey I like to swear!! It doesn't bother my wife and it doesn't bother me! I don't talk like this at work in front of patients. Would you guys believe me if I said that many of my doctor friends also drive fast cars? Not all but a few do. I'll have to post some pics to prove that their is validity to my lifes' true events! For obvious reasons I can't go and shot a person in the back and ask them to stand still while I make a digital copy. But I can prove other things that will give me credit. I am only doing this because I like this forum and in a weird weird way have some sort of connection to the people on it. My wife calls me a nerd but I believe that this normal.

calvin3
07-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Once again, I call BS on his stories.

I was wondering when someone would be calling B/S on him....I was waiting for a few more clues. ;)

I agree with kitty....B/S

If all this stuff is true, you should be a lil more modest about braging. Most people get turned off when you try and show off.