PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on Vehicle Forums

rocknbil
07-31-2004, 11:28 PM
Moderators kindly delete this after reviewing, since your PM's are off.

Being that everyone seemed to like the new organization better, I didn't mention this, too much complaining going on as it is. :D

One of the COOL things about the old organization is that you couldn't clutter it up with ordinary new threads that go in other forums. The only way you could open a new thread was by asking for one in the New Vehicle Requests thread.

Nw we're getting all kinds of random new threads in the Vehicle Forums, cluttering up the organization with non-vehicle specific stuff. Such burning topics like "what pipe" "info on this and that" and it's only a matter of time before you see "this vs. that." :D

I suggest the same restrictions on that forum if you see fit, but thought I'd bring it to your attention, thx.

tec_41
07-31-2004, 11:32 PM
I totally agree. It would be so much more organized if random threads werent in the vehicle forums, otherwise everything is dandy :)

SS Pede
07-31-2004, 11:41 PM
I still haven't found the latest Stampede forum (v2.0). But otherwise I have no issues. :)

Toyotatogo
07-31-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm also puzzled to why this was allowed also .... :confused:

C.J.OO
08-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Yea I like the Idea Of the Fixed forums..just like the old Kyosho threads Thats a great Idea...But you couldnt possibly cover every question the RC community has.. even though you see the same Q's put so manny different ways..I'll be interested to see how this all pans out...so far so good.

-=ADA$=-
08-01-2004, 04:17 AM
i think it was like "it goes without saying" but apparently it isnt, it was great you couldnt make your own posts, and now its getting a bit of chaos there

Krasi_5000
08-01-2004, 04:16 PM
i also agree on this. Restrict it so no one can post about just anythihng it has to go through a admin/mod. This way it gets hard to find whaht you need

HauntedMyst
08-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I liked the vehicle forums better when they were done by manufacturer.

Lapster
08-01-2004, 05:23 PM
^^Same^^

KevinxB
08-01-2004, 06:35 PM
ditto

metalry101
08-01-2004, 09:59 PM
I liked the vehicle forums better when they were done by manufacturer.

Me 4...MUCH easier to navigate...MUCH easier.

rocknbil
08-02-2004, 02:51 PM
It's getting worse by the day. Chaos, I say, CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS!!!

:D

surfer
08-02-2004, 03:02 PM
everytime someone starts a thread....it must be requested. thats how it should be in those forums

Figit090
08-02-2004, 04:23 PM
I WANT MORE SMILIES!! every day when i quote, or have long posts i have to go back and edit all of the dumb smilies when a simpler solution to peoples smilie problem would be to allow more, why is the deal with the strenuous smilie limit!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

THAT is all that's allowed? in a long post, that becomes hard to deal with, cause smilies help show emotion, and without them in the right places a message can be mis-interpreted!!

Skribble
08-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I liked the vehicle forums better when they were done by manufacturer.I agree.

StevePond
08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Moderators kindly delete this after reviewing, since your PM's are off.

Being that everyone seemed to like the new organization better, I didn't mention this, too much complaining going on as it is. :D

One of the COOL things about the old organization is that you couldn't clutter it up with ordinary new threads that go in other forums. The only way you could open a new thread was by asking for one in the New Vehicle Requests thread.

Nw we're getting all kinds of random new threads in the Vehicle Forums, cluttering up the organization with non-vehicle specific stuff. Such burning topics like "what pipe" "info on this and that" and it's only a matter of time before you see "this vs. that." :D

I suggest the same restrictions on that forum if you see fit, but thought I'd bring it to your attention, thx.

Agreed. I hoped that the users could read and get it right about half the time, but 90 percent of the new posts since I changed back to the original format were all the types of posts we specifically ask users NOT to post in the vehicles section. Oh well, I tried. I canned it again and now the only way to get a new thread to to bribe a mod. ;) :D

Figit090
08-02-2004, 11:11 PM
hey STEVE!!! don't leave me!!! AHH!! you didn't even read the thread! what about my smilies???

and i was wondering, i got an email from this telling me YOU posted in one of my threads and then when i checked the thread you post was gone...did you delete it or what?? you are a mysterious person....i can't figure out anything you do.

TRF Drive Hard
08-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Ya there was a day where i spent my time moving all these threads to its appropriate forum... :rolleyes:

surfer
08-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Agreed. I hoped that the users could read and get it right about half the time, but 90 percent of the new posts since I changed back to the original format were all the types of posts we specifically ask users NOT to post in the vehicles section. Oh well, I tried. I canned it again and now the only way to get a new thread to to bribe a mod. ;) :D

dont worry steve, we love you.

especially bil.

rocknbil
08-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Heeeey . . . That's not love, that's respect!! :D

....you are a mysterious person....i can't figure out anything you do.

I'm sure he prefers to remain an enigma.

:D

Figit090
08-03-2004, 01:24 AM
I WANT MY SMILIES!!! :mad:

please?.............. SteeEEEEeeve...........................hello?

rocknbil
08-03-2004, 02:29 AM
See, now, I think that post presented MORE than enough emotion and you didn't use a single smiley. It all boils down to Good Writing. That and font markup.

<sends Figit the phone number of the smiley hotline>

C.J.OO
08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
MP7.5unlimited used to cut and paste his own smileys they were cool..I think most of em came from the OFNA site but im not to sure...

tec_41
08-03-2004, 02:42 AM
See, now, I think that post presented MORE than enough emotion and you didn't use a single smiley. It all boils down to Good Writing. That and font markup.

<sends Figit the phone number of the smiley hotline>

I gotta agree with bil on that one, but whats the deal with a limited amt of smilies but you can post these pictures that take me half an hour to download?