PDA

View Full Version : Help A 13 Year Old Out!!!!!!!!!!

nitrokid14
08-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Ok this would sound kinda stupid at first thought but after thinking for a couple of weeks i think it could really happen!! :)

I think i could build a nitro rustler out of donations from you....yes you can help out in this project by donating something ANYTHING!!! :D :D

i have a few reasons for doing this........first like the post im only 13 and i dont know about the other states but in Washington you cant get a real job legally. Second I really want to know everything about the car so if i break it i know what to do and dont have to ask a buncha questions to people because sometimes it gets frustrating for the people and me and i think thats all i have to say. and also a rustler is good for a beginner and easier to build.

so cmon guys and gals you have to have something to start me off like a chassis and tires and maybe a manual to help with some problems i am willing to pay for shipping for the big things and i kinda might have to get a motor if if nobody has a spare......... sorry for the long read but i actually think this can happen so check your spare parts people! any donations accepted for now :) if thia plan progresses ill make a list of what i need that i will post later

thanks

--Mitch--

tec_41
08-02-2004, 01:14 AM
Your gonna build a nitro rustler from spare parts? Why not just mow lawns/do chores like a normal 13 year old and buy a new one?

Figit090
08-02-2004, 01:26 AM
cause he's an ignorant newbie mooch that's the decandant of a patato?

MicroMan
08-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Dude, nobody's gonna give you free parts. :(

Figit090
08-02-2004, 01:38 AM
unless you got someone in your area to talk to that will hand them too you, you shouldn'tbe dissapointed if nobody spends money to GIVE you their spare parts...really, there is NO logic to that when they could use them for THEIR rc's in the event of a breakage.

Now i'm not saying it won't happen, someone might want to be extremely nice, or promote the hobby, or they hate it or are getting out and dont' want to bother selling it, but don't get your hopes up.

DO get;
a job :p

surfer
08-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Your gonna build a nitro rustler from spare parts? Why not just mow lawns/do chores like a normal 13 year old and buy a new one?

to be honest, i have never heard of a kid actually mowing lawns for money...well, other than in movies...

tec_41
08-02-2004, 01:59 AM
cause he's an ignorant newbie mooch that's the decandant of a patato?
Thats EXACTLY what i was thinking :p I just didnt want to be the first to say it lol.................Doood, your birthday is soon, just wait till then instead of asking us. If we gave an rc to every 13 year old that wanted one, we wouldnt have any for ourselves.

tec_41
08-02-2004, 02:02 AM
to be honest, i have never heard of a kid actually mowing lawns for money...well, other than in movies...
How do you think i make money for my car???

ZeroMax
08-02-2004, 02:44 AM
how much do ya get? 2 cents a year

nitrokid14, here is a diagram: parts = money = rc-cars + labour = money.... then postage = tec 41's wages from the past 75 years so bascailly no one is gonna waste there money

nitrokid14
08-02-2004, 02:53 AM
thats beautiful :mad: i didnt know this post would get slammed in less than an hour any body else dont bother posting and mods please delete this because im being told the same thing over and over. living in and around poor neighborhoods you cant mow a lawn for much and thats if they even let you

literally the odds of mowing a lawn or recieving any other oddjob 1:15
and the price about 5.00-10.00 bucks a lawn
:) lets go buy a rustler :mad:

so now my "ignorant newbie mooch that's the decandant of a patato" ass is gonna go to sleep thanks for the support :mad: :) :mad:

NitroBoy24
08-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Hey zeromaxx, riddle me this. If people have grass front or backyards, does some invisible, magical grass fairy mowe it?

And Figit, thanks for posting that. Guess what nitrokid, I got my RC10GT last year when I was 14 (a year older, still not old enough for a job) and how did I get it? By doing work around my neighorhood and saving up for a long, long time. Now I am 15 and have a job and just got a $200 paycheck yesterday so money isnt too much of a problem for me any more. But I didnt get this money by going on to rc forums and whining "Im 13 boohoo and cant make any money, so could ya hook a brother up?".

If you want that nitro rustler bad enough then you will find work. I am surprised Bill hasnt come by and given one of his motivational speeches he probablly has ready to copy and paste :D They are pretty dam good speeches too..

C.J.OO
08-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Dude, nobody's gonna give you free parts. :(

well Im gonna help the little dude out...
Nitrokid. If you wanna pay for the shipping Ill send you a Chassie and some radio gear I have 15 RX units and I dont need that manny and you can make what you want with the chassie..Its not a Rustler one but its alloy and New..
I will send you a Radio and servos and reciver..how does that sound..they may be a tad old but there FREE...If you want you can email me and Give me youre Details....good luck with the rest....I can give you a Nitro engine also if you are willing to pay for shipping..you'll need to get a piston and liner..But its a free nitro engine..like I said email me youre dtails and we'll work somthing out... :cool: ;)

Polk
08-02-2004, 03:03 AM
And how do plan to pay for the up keep of the RC? Fuel, spare parts, batteries, tyres, etc.

Just wait, get some money and hit it then...It will be easier in the long run.

Plus, seeing as this is your first nitro (If not first RC) How are you going to know how to build it, run it, drive it, etc? Just wait some time and do it properly.

tec_41
08-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Jesus christ, CJ your almost spoiling him by doing that. Zeromax, im happy with my wages thank you. $35 a week, and it takes me half an hour with a pushmower! :p

dog8spam
08-02-2004, 08:40 AM
GO DIG A DITCH. Make yourself useful for once.

But seriously, if you want a car you can ethier A) ask for one for your birthday or christmas or *gasp* B) work for it. I know a car is alot for one holiday (at least for us poor folk) so what I did was bought me a chassis and then asked for electronics.

Lapster
08-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Lol Nitrokid, I started when I was about 8 yrs old. I dont see how it is that hard to work for someone and get a little money.

Lapster
08-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Lol Nitrokid, I started when I was about 8 yrs old. I dont see how it is that hard to work for someone and get a little money.

brickshelf
08-02-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174993
Hmm...

italiannitroman
08-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Dude if you save money you can do buy this car used off ebay or brand new. Here is what I did when I wanted a HPI PRO 3 and had no money. I took every soda can I could and put it in a bag. Then Once a month I would go down to the recylcing center and get maybe 3 or 4 bucks for the cans. I would go around to my neighboors and see if they needed any work done. One guy gave me $20 to weed his front yard. Another gave me $5 to wash there car and I did a really good job and he came out and was like wow thats really clean heres $20 and could you clean my wifes. Well it took me 4 months to get enough money for a brand new pro3 and electronics but I realized I really didnt wanna spend it all so I put it in the bank. All you gotta do is work and save.

Figit090
08-02-2004, 12:16 PM
so now my "ignorant newbie mooch that's the decandant of a patato" ass is gonna go to sleep thanks for the support

your welcome. And don't let it stay that way too long you could get a blood clot.

I don't mean to totally destroy your bubble here man, but most of us worked for our fun...so it's kinda hard to ask us to work more for you, a person that nobody on here except maybe a select few of your local friends are even going to be able to consider giving you things.

well Im gonna help the little dude out...
Nitrokid. If you wanna pay for the shipping Ill send you a Chassie and some radio gear I have 15 RX units and I dont need that manny and you can make what you want with the chassie..Its not a Rustler one but its alloy and New..
I will send you a Radio and servos and reciver..how does that sound..they may be a tad old but there FREE...If you want you can email me and Give me youre Details....good luck with the rest....I can give you a Nitro engine also if you are willing to pay for shipping..you'll need to get a piston and liner..But its a free nitro engine..like I said email me youre dtails and we'll work somthing out...

wow, now there, you're lucky...someone had the stuff, and has enough of it to give it out. If that one works out, you should be really greatful, and i hope things go well for you in the future. *goofy grin* But if you do want free stuff...i would suggest asking somewhere else, cause it might anger some that you're getting into RC for free when they all worked their asses of for somthing similar. If you want CHEAP things, go to the buy/sell/trade forum, or one that if appropriate for asking for somthing (not sure wich you can do this, some you can't...read the rules) then you'll get a better response. Especially if you don't just say what you did here. Not to be mean, but that just isn't a good way to get by.

Now i'm not saying it won't happen, someone might want to be extremely nice, or promote the hobby, or they hate it or are getting out and dont' want to bother selling it, but don't get your hopes up.

I am extremely glad i posted that...or it would have done a complete 180 and pummeled me in the face :rolleyes: i had a feeling someone would be nice to you...and sure enough, there it is. :)

p.s. - what's up with your smilie action there, it's confusing me... are you bipolar or somthing?? :) :mad: .......... :o lol...just kidding!

The Modfather
08-02-2004, 12:29 PM
My son is 14. I have made him purchase every piece of his Evader. He has washed cars, mowed lawns, done yardwork, and any other odd jobs that are out there. He knows that if he want's an aluminum bulkhead, he's gonna have to buy it. Basically he does whatever work he needs to do, then looks onilne for parts, and tells me what he wants. I order it (and I pay for the shipping) and when it comes, he pays me for it. I take his money, and instead of dumping it into my bank acct, my wife n I have opened an acct for him - all of the money he uses to buy things is going in there. He is unaware of this, but it's going to help him buy a car when he turns 16.

So my method is teaching him responsibility, money acquisition and management, and most of all, he is able to appreciate the value of a dollar. My son will never be a mooch or a beggar.

If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to get it.

Figit090
08-02-2004, 12:43 PM
WOW man, now that's cool....if that is what happens to me i will be MORE than grateful to my parents. :p. but it's most likely not...i have a bank account i know of though :D .

HauntedMyst
08-02-2004, 01:01 PM
This request gets...

rocknbil
08-02-2004, 01:03 PM

You need to get out more often. :D

literally the odds of mowing a lawn or recieving any other oddjob 1:15

nitrokid, you probably should have expected their reactions. But here's the deal: someone gives you an idea, you immediately shoot it down. This is pretty common, people expect things to be just handed to them. No matter what anyone says unless it's "yes" you'll have an argument to counter with.

There are people who need a hand, and there are needy people. There's a difference. I've helped MANY a person who needed a hand but offer only advice to needy people, to which they'll never listen.

If you want something bad enough, you'll figure out that no one's going to hand it to you. People will help, but only after they see you're doing what you can and the help will do you good.

Good luck on your project.

Spoon37
08-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Normally I dont mind helping people out - sending the odd spare part to get their RC running again for example, especially if they are in a position like you are with very little spare cash if any.

however I am not about to send out the makings of a whole car - I might send u some stuff for the cost of shipping, but as I am in the UK thats not really fair.

also it would be easier for all of us if you had a base car already, its no good me sending you some Tamiya TL01b suspension parts if you are going to get a Traxxas rustler for example.

the other thing is, some people here may not quite know how to express it, but your request may make some people angry as most of us work hard for our money and our RC cars take up alot of it.

but there are some ways of getting cheap stuff, yeah you will prolly have to work, or save your allowance(if u get any? - I'm not trying to be rude here, not everyone your age gets allowance), or whatever to get a little spare cash, but if you look on ebay, or ask around your LHS for used/cheap stuff, or even checking the private ads in your local newspaper for used/cheap RC cars, you may not get the exact thing you want, but if you wanted a rustler and get a T3 then I cant imagine you would have any less fun with it.

also there are lots of 'legal' jobs for someone your age: paper rounds, washing cars, mowing lawns, oddjobs etc....and it mounts up even if per washed car you dont get very much, you will end up with alot, provided you persevere.

I hope you manage it tho - Good luck ;)

nitrokid14
08-02-2004, 02:25 PM
:eek: wow i need a coke :) no hard feelings figit i was venting.i was as pissed as most of you when you were readin.so ill kinda keep trying to get a job :) now thats what everybony wants to hear!!

now all i need is a recliner that triples as a seat,a toilet, and a coke dispenser right in front of the tv.

gulp gulp gulp......ahhh

The Modfather
08-02-2004, 02:25 PM
LOL - I almost made a new thread: HELP A 35 YEAR OLD OUT! Asking for people to help me pay my mortage :) I dont' wanna get banned for such shenanigans tho :)

Spoon37
08-02-2004, 02:29 PM
LOL - I almost made a new thread: HELP A 35 YEAR OLD OUT! Asking for people to help me pay my mortage :) I dont' wanna get banned for such shenanigans tho :)

Rofl!! :D

rocknbil
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM
--> Will Work For New Rc Parts <---

Figit090
08-02-2004, 03:54 PM
/\ will work for used brain, in good condition if possible.

:rolleyes:

rocknbil
08-02-2004, 04:30 PM
/\ Will work for world dominance and lists. :D

CrankrodsKid
08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Will work for anything i live in the local dump ! :p lol jk i live in a box :(

BTW i am 14 and i live in a tiny town, where there are no paper routes, so i saave up money from christmas, b-days and helping my dad with stuff etc, etc and i just dont spend it on stuff, then when the time comes around when i need some cash, i have it :)

Farwar
08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm 15 and you can do odd-jobs around the house. If you put your mind to and save you can get a car. I saved up a year to get my T3 when I was 14 and than started doing jobs for nieghbours and now have a savage also. Who knows you could be a 30 year old who just wants some free stuff.

T4FREK
08-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Hey i have a whole nitro rustler.something is messed with the carb so you might need to buy another one...I would sell it to you for like say 50 bux. you pay shipping tho!THATS REALLY CHEAP for a car thats in perfect condition thats all you have to do is replace carb!

wrecked
08-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Ill buy ur nitro rustler for $75!!!

MurcielagoR-GT
08-02-2004, 07:21 PM
nitrokid14: I could not believe what I was reading in your first post! This is not the special olympics son! Just b/c you live in a bad neighborhood does not mean there are not "nicer" neighborhoods somewhere in your city! Where there would be "grass" or just possibly houses to clean! This is not a world where everything is given to you. :rolleyes:

I lost all respect for you when you wrote this:

" literally the odds of mowing a lawn or recieving any other oddjob 1:15
lets go buy a rustler "

With that type of attitude you are destined to work at McDonalds! Maybe one day Unicef will get into the hobby. Until then you will have to work for what you want, there's an idea! :D

in need of help
08-02-2004, 07:42 PM
t4frek have u lost ur mind? selling that rustler that cheap is like insanity..... 80 dollars shipped? :rolleyes: well anyway... im 13 i live in an EXTREMELY small town, no paper routes.... im a few miles from town.....and i have a rustler i just bought an old srt and still have about 300$... how u ask? I WORKED MY ASS OFF....please learn from this