PDA

View Full Version : Decent Wheels for Bashing with a TC

piecemealBHC
08-09-2004, 08:16 PM
I just destroyed 2 venom wheels on a fairly tame crash involving my NTC3 hitting a slight bump in a parking lot... on the second time out with the new wheels... I like the look, but can anyone reccomend some other wheels that might be a little more durable without making the jump into either aluminum wheels or dish rims? I was thinking maybe some RPM's?

tec_41
08-09-2004, 10:10 PM
RPM makes tough stuff, so maybe give those a shot.

piecemealBHC
08-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Cool... thats about what I thought... anyone else have any feedback?

jizzmirk
08-10-2004, 05:55 AM
I ran through a set of RPM Invaders (dyable white) that took a beating - pretty much all I do is bash. I tend to stay away from the chrome stuff because they don't take too kindly to scratches. You'll want a firm rim - which is tough to get right - because too hard a rim (like the Venoms) and they break really easy, and too soft and rim flex could affect traction slightly.

I am currently running some Tamiya PIAA Accord rims on Medial Pros, some Tamiya Mugen rims on Medial Pros and old cheapo Tamiya slicks (my drift tires), and a set of Traxxas BBS style rims (from their 4-Tec) on some treaded HPI tires. In my case, since I only bash, I like my cars to look good rather than have all out performance.

AudiTT-Quattro
08-10-2004, 02:22 PM
If you can find a set of older nylon rims, then you'll be set for bashing. Although somewhat heavier than your average rim, they are TOUGH.

Stay away from polycarbonate rims for bashing. They'll crack SO fast. Super light though...

always_opencarb
08-10-2004, 02:45 PM
hpi arnt bad