PDA

View Full Version : Bud News

decoy706
08-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Bud has won the points championship at St Clair- it was the real BUD too bad it wasn't the scale one.Does Hydro-prop run the scale boats anyplace? along with the big boats :confused:

Hydro Junkie
08-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Nope. How's that for short and sweet. Unfortunately, Hydro Prop only deals with the full size boats. Scale and R/C are not "considerred race boats" by Hydro Prop, or any other full size racing associations. Even the APBA looks at scale as toys and has a separate governing group for the scale boats. Then, of course, the scale boaters can't even get together. Even in our ranks, we are divided into APBA, NAMBA AND IMPBA. To screw things up even more, all three groups run different rules. While all rule books are similar, there are significant differences. You can't even go to a race in a different organization without knowing the rule differences. I think the R/C boaters need to get together and see about looking into coordinating and, maybe someday, merging all the spread out groups under one umbrella. Any ideas out there on this one?

Hydro Junkie
08-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Hydro Prop just updated their website with the race info. Due to rough water, the finals were cancelled. The U-16 Elam Plus was declared the winner by points, with the U-2 Graham trucking second and U-1 Budweiser third. What I find interesting is how Hydro Prop likes to throw out the rulebook and make their own rules. The Budweiser(T-6) took heavy damage to it's left sponson, ending its day. The powers that be then ruled that the Budweiser alternate boat (T-5) could be used for the final heat. Since they were the only TWO BOAT TEAM present, to me it seems the officials should have made the Budweiser team either run the T-6 or withdraw, like all the other teams would have had to do. It's a dead issue, as the final heat was cancelled, but is this what we fans and R/C boaters really want to see from the big boat officials? What do you all think?

decoy706
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Opps! hope they repair this for SD's race
Heh heh heh throw out the rules again

decoy706
08-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Try this

decoy706
08-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Maybe now- oh well I have pics can e mail or go to Hydro site lots of pics