PDA

View Full Version : How much is my collection worth?

rccowboy181
08-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Hello everyone,
I am getting out of the hobby, and selling my off road collection and I am needing serious advice on what You guys think its worth.

well here goe's,

1- RC10B3 TEAM complete with full propo radio system, trinity motor and dynamite power pulse speedo. new tires (maybe 2 runs on them) body and wing are in good shape, includes box and instructions

2-TRAXXAS EMAXX Stock execpt for battery holddown heatsinks, comes with radio, needs new body.includes box and instructions

3-TRAXXAS RUSTLER goodshape, needs body, includes Green machine 3 pro motor, traxxas 2055 high torq servo for steering and a dynamite power pulse speedo. futaba attack transmitter and reciver.includes box and instructions for both (radio is new never used)

4-TAMIYA Super Blackfoot- this chassis is in imaculate shape, looks new (was my shelf queen for a few years), but body need's to be repalced it's a beater body. no electronics.

5-TAMIYA GRASSHOPPER- this buggy is in good shape chassis is in good shape front shock tower was cut off and repalced with an aluminum one from dirtburners (crp) years ago, need's rear shocks-missing, fronts need rebuilding. Brand new PROSTAR F100 tires up front and BRAND NEW PADLATRAK tires in the rear. Body is in fair shape, rear wing has been repaired, Has hobby shack aerosport 2 channel reciver and 2 cirrus servos 1 for steering and 1 for macanical speed controller, no transmitter

plus phrannia cx-15 quick charger/discharger-includes box and instructions

and misc servos, motors, and tools for all cars.

Their is more info on all cars but this is the jist of it

403forbidden
08-25-2004, 05:07 AM
as a whole lot...prolly $250 - $300 on a good day

you might get a little more is you sell seperately

Hello everyone,
I am getting out of the hobby, and selling my off road collection and I am needing serious advice on what You guys think its worth.

well here goe's,

1- RC10B3 TEAM complete with full propo radio system, trinity motor and dynamite power pulse speedo. new tires (maybe 2 runs on them) body and wing are in good shape, includes box and instructions

2-TRAXXAS EMAXX Stock execpt for battery holddown heatsinks, comes with radio, needs new body.includes box and instructions

3-TRAXXAS RUSTLER goodshape, needs body, includes Green machine 3 pro motor, traxxas 2055 high torq servo for steering and a dynamite power pulse speedo. futaba attack transmitter and reciver.includes box and instructions for both (radio is new never used)

4-TAMIYA Super Blackfoot- this chassis is in imaculate shape, looks new (was my shelf queen for a few years), but body need's to be repalced it's a beater body. no electronics.

5-TAMIYA GRASSHOPPER- this buggy is in good shape chassis is in good shape front shock tower was cut off and repalced with an aluminum one from dirtburners (crp) years ago, need's rear shocks-missing, fronts need rebuilding. Brand new PROSTAR F100 tires up front and BRAND NEW PADLATRAK tires in the rear. Body is in fair shape, rear wing has been repaired, Has hobby shack aerosport 2 channel reciver and 2 cirrus servos 1 for steering and 1 for macanical speed controller, no transmitter

plus phrannia cx-15 quick charger/discharger-includes box and instructions

and misc servos, motors, and tools for all cars.

Their is more info on all cars but this is the jist of it

metalry101
08-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Well...it's worth whatever someone's willing to pay...

The B3 is probably worth about 150 or so...maybe a little more depending on which KO radio system you've got...maybe a little less.

The E-Maxx should be worth about 200 bux probably.

The Rustler probably is probably only worth about 100 bux.

The two Tamiya's...ehh...if I remember right, the Super Blackfoot is discontinued, and I know the Grasshopper is...so it's very difficult to get parts for either. You're not gonna get much from either because of that. Hard to say how much...they could both go into somebody's collection if they like collecting old-skool r/c's, but as daily driven and abuse r/c's, you'll get very little for them I think.

cnroman
08-25-2004, 02:18 PM
e-bay man, e-bay!

Pro3/nmt105
08-25-2004, 04:50 PM
With the b3 I'd sell the car and the radio system seperately. Your not going to get very much for the car, mabey $75 but if the radio system is good it will have a fairly high resale value. The grasshopper will probably go for a good amount if it is in good condition because collectors are always looking for cars or parts.

r.c.dealer
08-25-2004, 08:39 PM
tree fity

MORTER MAN
08-30-2004, 12:56 AM
it's trity fity LOL and I would value that all at about 600, the question is, can you find some one who will PAY 600. those old grass hopers are going for a pretty penny on ebay, you would be suprised

astainback
08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
I will give you 50 bucks right now for the lot. hahaha

I would definately get the old ones out on ebay. I have a cousin that buys and collects old school RC on ebay.

Fantom 15 gt
08-30-2004, 04:41 AM
I'd say for the whole lot US$500

4DMNYC
08-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey everybody, this seems like a good thread for people like me who have been wondering what kind of money people would pay for an R/C collection if they had to sell. I've been in this hobby for ten years now, and have a pretty extensive collection, but I never bought anything used or off ebay, or even researched it for that matter, so now you have me curious. I'll only list the good stuff and maybe someone can give me a ball park figure, P.S>(I'm doing this out of curiosity and definitly don't want to leave the hobby).

1.T-Maxx[/U]
Sirrio 18> 1 1/2 Gal. & big bore pipe
Traxxas big bore shocks
New Era aluminum servo skid> red
New Era front-center-rear natural aluminum skids> pretty scratched up.
Nre Era front & rear aluminum bulks
RPM arms dyed red
RR steel spur
Traxxas aluminum chassis brace
and still have the 2.5> never used

2. T-Maxx
Stock, eccept for a Sirrio 18> 3 gal., RR steel spur and still have the 2.5 never used.

3. Savage25
Steel Spur
Aluminum front & rear diff housings with 4 bevel gear set up
Stock 25> 2 Gal.

4. Mini-T
Losi shocks
Trinity modified motor
losi 6 cell pack
Spur & pinion gear set> still in the package

5. Kyosho KX1
Stock roller

6. Ofna 9.5 Violator
Stock
Force 26>2 1/2 gal.

7. Ofna Ultra Lx pro
Stock, Force 26> 4 gal.

8. Hot Bodies Lightning
Stock 3 Gal.

9. AE T4
Stock roller

10. TLT-1 Rock Buster
Still in box

11. NTC3 RTR
Stock> barely broken in

12. SNRS4
OS-15CVR> 1 gal.
Clucth type two speed
Foamies

13. TNX
Stock

And a whole lot of tools and support equipment, way too much to type, along with 6 other R/C's that are of lesser quality.

jimbow
08-30-2004, 12:57 PM
^^^ wow. alot. but which do you find you like better, the lx pro or the lightning? i'm looking into maybe getting a cheaper buggy but have never seen a hot bodies run. pros/cons of both?(not meaning to hijack the thread)

4DMNYC
08-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Well...It's a close call between the lightning & the LX.
Lightning pro's
1. Better budget racer, not the best but it's ok for the money
2. nice body
3. lower cog
4. it now has a kit version "Lightning pro 2"
5. 4mm aluminum shock towers

Lightning con's
1. not super competitive compared to what's been entered in most 1:8 buggy races, alothough, still pretty competitive. It has won races before.
2. Parts availibility, ( atleast at my lhs).

LX PRO's pro's
1. takes a beating
2. easy to find parts
3. best basher for the money, ( my opinion )

LX PRO's con's
1. they don't make them any more, you have to buy the ultra comp

Ultra comp is basicly the same as the LX, eccept, 4mm aluminum shock towers, laydown sterring servo, dirrerent tires than the LX, new body design,

In my opinion, if your going to bash, get the Ofna, If your gonna race, get the lightning. Both are great for the money.