PDA

View Full Version : XXX-NT Opinions

gubbs3
09-11-2000, 09:39 PM
I'd like to hear some feedback or opinions on this truck other than "get FT GT" or stuff like that. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
If its pulling a wheelie its mine!

SteveP
09-11-2000, 10:47 PM
Gubbs - I just got finished testing this truck, so here's my take on it. The initial kits were saddled with some problems: diff rings were the most obvious, I also had problems with the brake hub. Others had reported problems with the idler gear. I can tell you that Losi jumped on the problem and is already sending kit with the new parts. Since installing the new parts in my truck, I haven't had a problem and it turns out that the XXX-NT really flies. I turned faster lap times with this truck than I have with any other, though I have to admit, I haven't driven the updated FTGT. My opinion, I think it could be the best truck with the right driver behind the wheel.

JP
09-12-2000, 08:07 AM
I don' think there are many XXX-NT's at my track. I think theres only one. I own a FT GT so I might be a little biased like steve was to the XXX-NT. I only had one problem with my GT, I lost a screw that I didn't put loctite on. Thats it, the truck handles like a dream and the kit tires were the ones recommended for my track! The FT GT is a great handling truck, I cant say anything about speed because that depends on everything-but my truck is the fastest on the straights with a CV-R at my track. I never had a truck that jumps as well as this. Every jump I took it over, it leveled itself out before landing. I cant say that about many other trucks. As soon as it lands it stays landed without any rebound, which is really good for racing because you can get back on the gas faster. It is covered in trick blue aluminum and sure looks a **** of a lot cooler off and on the track than the XXX-NT. The GT's shocks last longer because of the unobtanium shock shafts and it also has titanium turnbuckles. The only hop up needed, if any is a MIP 4in1 clutch, but the XXX-NT needs that and a lot more. The FT GT includes a lot more hop-ups for the money too. But then again the opposite of Steve-I never drove the XXX-NT.

------------------
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

You must always push the limits. Because if you never fail, you will never succeed.

Cuss out the turn marshals because they cussed at you!!!

Crashing is an art of driving that goes bad in result in human or mechanical error.

SteveP
09-12-2000, 08:27 AM
JP - I know you didn't mean it in the wrong way, but I'm not being biased. I own all three trucks (the non-FT version of the GT) and I think the XXX-NT could be the best of them. I hold off on making a firm judgement until I run my FTGT, but I do race with them and, at least on my track, the XXX-NT is faster. Again, my opinion won't be finally made up until I drive it, but I'm not partial to any of them.

gubbs3
09-12-2000, 04:13 PM
Thanks Steve and JP. The truck is on its way! I'm putting the same picco I had from my nxt and I have to say "IT FLIES"!!! Thanks for the input.

------------------
If its pulling a wheelie its mine!

JP
09-12-2000, 05:26 PM
Steve-Sorry my bad, I didn't mean it that way.

Grubbs-Because I am not Steve and he made some good points, and at least I think, I made some good ones too. Like I said, im not Steve, but I am assuming you got the XXX-NT because of what we each said. I hope you have fun with whatever truck you get, and good racing too you.

------------------
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

You must always push the limits. Because if you never fail, you will never succeed.

Cuss out the turn marshals because they cussed at you!!!

Crashing is an art of driving that goes bad in result in human or mechanical error.