PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

GregV
06-02-2000, 11:52 AM
Hello RC racers and enthusiasts, welcome to the Car Action Zone. This forum is for questions and discussions about buggies, trucks, sedans, radios, motors– you get the idea.

Please use this post to introduce yourselves. I'll Start.

I'm Greg Vogel or you can call me Swab as most racers do. I've been a Car Action Assistant editor for about 2 years. I worked in a hobby shop for 5 years and have been racing for 15.

[This message has been edited by SteveP (edited 06-02-2000).]

BorG
06-03-2000, 11:39 AM
Nice to meet you man. By the way, I like your car, the Talon, that's yours right? Saw it from Chris's Back Lot a long time ago. Good job on the new site. I'm lovin it.

------------------
If you can't see my tail light, then you're ahead of me. :)

StephenB
06-05-2000, 01:51 AM
Hey guys, my name is Stephen and I'm a minor league baseball pitcher (Detroit Tigers). I've been in r/c for ~12 years, and I love nitro cars!

Greg, I just sent in the TS4n article...sweet car dude. I'm hoping to get a chance to meet you guys this fall. Are you going to the IFMAR worlds in Vegas??

claytonsmith
06-05-2000, 02:39 PM
i have a question. i need to get a unibit brill but to drill holes in bodies but cant find one any ideas?

SteveP
06-05-2000, 04:05 PM
Clayton - I've been using the Hudy reamer for cutting holes in bodies and found it to be very useful. It's very sharp, making it very easy to cut a quick hole.

claytonsmith
06-06-2000, 01:22 PM
sweet where can i find one? is it like hudy.com or sumthing? thanks

SteveP
06-06-2000, 02:08 PM
you can find their stuff at www.hudy.net (http://www.hudy.net) or you can get in touch with Bruckner Hobbies (www.brucknerhobbies.com), I'm pretty sure they stock all of the Hudy stuff.

claytonsmith
06-06-2000, 02:16 PM
thanks

annoyboy
12-24-2001, 12:40 AM
all the way to the top man, this place is out of control. way to many useless post by people that have nothing important to say, like me!. it just makes me laugh at how people waste there time to post an " I agree" response to some thread, If you did not do this, then I could read the good info and get on with this hobby. Sorry to say, but some people (jeepinator for eg.) should realize that post numbers are not the only thing about this hobby. The other thing is, check your grammer before posting, Two year olds can spell a lot better than what i've seen on this place.

Crazy Canuck
12-24-2001, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by annoyboy
The other thing is, check your grammer before posting, Two year olds can spell a lot better than what i've seen on this place.
/QUOTE]

Grammar is spelt with an a, not an e.
Two should not be capitalized.
the I in i've should be capitalized.

How ironic...

annoyboy
12-24-2001, 08:49 AM
Exactly.

Crazy Canuck
12-24-2001, 09:39 AM
So you think everyone except you should spell correctly and use proper grammar.

BTW, Exactly is a sentence fragment.

annoyboy
12-24-2001, 09:47 AM
See, if you continue to reply, you are proving my point of useless replies on this board. Oh please Mods, ban me please.

Crazy Canuck
12-24-2001, 09:55 AM
True, however, there is nothing wrong with useless relipes, they have their place in threads that have no relevant information, such as this one. In addition, you cant argue that I am writing useless relplies, when in fact, you have written more useless replies. With this, I regret to inform you that I have more interesting things to do than reply to you, such as comtemplating my navel. Good day.

annoyboy
12-24-2001, 10:03 AM
Thank-you, you are a true Canadian, you have a Merry Christmas and a excellent New Year.

TSR6
12-24-2001, 11:33 AM
I'm Troy, people call me Troy. I've worked at a Hobby Shop for about half a year, and have been racing for about 3 years. My first RC was the Original Traxxas Rustler ( The original kit, before bearings, slipper clutches, and all the goodies they come with now. ) I own, or have owned a Rustler, Pro2, Racer2 and a XXX-S. I can fix T-Maxx'es like nobody's business, and love doing it.

Lets keep this on topic and not start another flame war..

Thanks,
Troy

cnroman
12-24-2001, 12:52 PM
Charles Roman, racing on and off for past 10 yrs. Reading RCCA for about the same lenght of time.

I use a motorized wheelchair due to MD.

Raced 1/10 Oval, 1/12 scale on-road/Offroad truck(LXT) TCS. First car-Kyosho Turbo Raider.

Currently racing TC3 indoor-carpet

tadium54
12-24-2001, 12:58 PM
My name is Taylor and I live in the frozen north(not all the time) known as Canada. I'm 16, in grade 11 and go to a catholic high school here in Oakville. I used to work at Tim Horton's (the canadians will know about this one) until my school marks started to fall and they gave everyone else a raise other than myself. I skateboard, play basketball.

I have a highly modified tamiya Wild willy 2 and a Factory Team GT. I look forward to helping whoever I can.

Bye
Taylor aka tadium54

chizzler
12-24-2001, 02:31 PM
Lets keep this on topic and not start another flame war..

tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la lala la la :D

Saboteur
12-24-2001, 09:22 PM
Hey guys. My name is Bertram. I've been in this hobby for 5 yrs, and loving it. I feel I'm never gonna leave this cool hobby. I live in Brooklyn,NY and race at Floyd Bennett field ( www.brucknerhobbies.com/Floyd%20Bennett.htm ) and will soon race at brucknerhobbies indoor carpet track and Brownies pro and sport hobbies offroad track. Im in the rc chat most of the time and my chat name is "TheRcfinatic". I hope to meet other pro racers and become a pro racer myself. I got a long way to go, but I'll get there:) Im am in greenwich, connecticut right right this moment and wish I can visit RCCA soon. Merry Christmas all!!