PDA

View Full Version : does 1/20th exist? :confused:

klancek
06-03-2000, 03:06 PM
First; looks like I have good timing. Hope this bulliten board is successful! It looks great. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

Second, I'm a r/c neophyte who's wondering if smaller scale cars (not necessarily RTR) designed for in-home use exist. Something like a 1/20th scale ralley, where small size was more important than speed but there's still good control. Toys tend to either be too big or one channel.

If this style of car doesn't exist, are there any toy-store products that might work for me? Ideal: small, cheap, excellent control.

..this size might also allow use of plastic-model (like Revell) bodies..

Thanks for reading -KLK

SteveP
06-03-2000, 10:46 PM
Kyosho just introduced their line of Mini-Z racers, which are 1/24th scale. This scale has been around for some time however.

klancek
06-05-2000, 12:59 AM
Thanks, that's just what I'm looking for! Has anyone run one of those little guys? Will they work on carpet/rugs? -KLK

KITT
06-09-2000, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure who makes the cars i'm thinkng of but i see them in almost every issue of R/C CAR ACTION but they're these tiny dollar bill size cars that have actual chassis, suspensions, mod motors everything the 1/10,1/8 scale cars have just alot smaller unfortunately when i looked at getting these the price was still 1/10 scale but i heard these little carpet tourers really haul.

------------------

80's
monster trucks
girls
4ever

Terry
06-10-2000, 12:03 AM
Check out BRP Racing they offer 1/18 scale with hop up potential.Also check out Kawada,they offer a 1/24 scale r/c with adjustable wheel base so you can mount static model bodies on it.RC Car Action did a write up on one of these not to long ago.

Ronin
06-12-2000, 07:54 PM
Whats better the Kawanda s or the Kyoshos? Anyone know? Can you put static model bodies on the Kyoshos?

KITT
06-12-2000, 09:06 PM
YEAH, KAWADA THAT'S THE ONE I'M THINKING OF!!! DUDE, GET THE KAWADAS THOSE ARE BETTER.

------------------
http://karrnet.freeservers.com/Karr1.gif

80's
monster trucks
girls

dlwill1@pacbell.net

rccardude85
06-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Wow, Micros have really exploded since this message was posted. The most notable addition was the Micro RS4, witch really put micro cars on the map. I'd never heard of the BRP or other micro cars (except for the mini-z, I'd seen that) before after the micro RS4 came out. Anyway, I'd just thought it would be fun to bring this old post back. Feel free to give your opinions on Micro cars and Micro racing.

Got Speed
06-20-2002, 02:17 AM
1/20 th dosn't exist but there are 1/18th, 1/24th and something else.

The micro RS4 looks quite abit different from the other though because it is basicly a touring car shrunk.

I think it is the BRP but one of them has a very impressive speed out of the box.

The micro and mini z have alot of hop ups too.

dan7532
06-20-2002, 01:32 PM
This is an old article, but still good: http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/micro_car.asp

RichieRich
06-20-2002, 01:46 PM
Kyosho made some 1/20 scale buggies back in the late 80's. They were pretty cool. Full suspensions, oil shocks on all four corners, etc. I don't think they sold that well but you can usually find a few on ebay. New in box versions are kind of expensive. A used one can be had for a reasonable price, but finding parts will be tough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1740526830

fmolzer
06-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Wow, look at that ! I am almost tempted to place a bid on it. It would be too cool to bring that thing to the off-road track and run it around. People would freak out.

SykoR4c3r
06-20-2002, 03:04 PM
my mini-z is cool ive hoped it up.... it goes pretty fast we clocked it pushing 23.7 mph... but umm i melted the engine but there cheap... i need a better gear ratio for it though or sumthin to make it go faster...

NMT_RACER_BOY
06-20-2002, 03:30 PM
micro rs4 is 1/18th scale and it is very big hop up potential, if he need he can also go to hpi micro rs4 forum

it's avaliable in RTR or in kit form.. there is alot of bodies for it also