PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya TB-01 TRF

fockewulf190
06-05-2000, 07:59 PM
NEED this car. Have you seen it. Drive train of TC3 BUT friendlier to stick packs, conventional steering, Tamiya quility, and most importantly it will fit Tamiya bodies!!! The ultimate RC car or what.

BTW it's on some Dutch Tamiya site.

TeeGeeRacer
06-07-2000, 11:57 PM
There were pictures of that car on the internet like sometime late last year.
Yah the car does look sweeeeet! But I wouldn't even dare call it a TC3 clone but a electric TG10.
Man, I kinda wonder though. If the TRF TB01 turns out to be very competitive will any of the factory drivers race with it?
And if anyone knows, when will this car be released!!??

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Villa/9577/main.html

KITT
06-09-2000, 03:27 PM
ddduuuudddddeeee!!!!!!! IT'S ALREADY ON THE SHELVES OF YOUR LOCAL HOBBY STORE!!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE ADD IN R/C CAR ACTION?!?!?! AND YES, I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO CALL IT TC3 CLONE (except the tb-01 is better). now that my rage has subsided let me clue you in tamiya released it like a week ago (at least it's at my local hobby store) and you can get all kinds of aluminum, graphite and carbon fiber parts for it plus it's cheaper than the
TC3. http://karrnet.freeservers.com/Karr1.gif

------------------

80's
monster trucks
girls
4ever

red20
06-19-2000, 04:44 AM
Is it really the TB01 better than TC3???? Would u mind elaborate in what area??? My Big. Brother got his TB01 recently but the upgrade is not available yet thus still stock. I have seen the TC3 and it is really awesome. Please elaborate your saying that TB01 is better coz my brother will appreciate yer comment. Thank you.

Originally posted by KITT:
ddduuuudddddeeee!!!!!!! IT'S ALREADY ON THE SHELVES OF YOUR LOCAL HOBBY STORE!!!! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE ADD IN R/C CAR ACTION?!?!?! AND YES, I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO CALL IT TC3 CLONE (except the tb-01 is better). now that my rage has subsided let me clue you in tamiya released it like a week ago (at least it's at my local hobby store) and you can get all kinds of aluminum, graphite and carbon fiber parts for it plus it's cheaper than the
TC3. http://karrnet.freeservers.com/Karr1.gif

Ronin
06-19-2000, 02:12 PM
Um hey. I dont know if any of you read the Topic but it as Tamiya TB-01 TRF yea TRF not stock!!!! ANd yes they are hard at work on a TB-01 TRF. Look at the topic called sweet new truck or something its link is all japanese but the pics speak for themselves. It is obvously a serious TB-01. Wider stance and the pics include the Wild dagger body. It says TRF on the body and the chassis has lots of uprades just look at the close up of the suspension. And for you sayin dang a stadium truck? Just mess around with other suspension set ups even suspension off other tamiyas and you'll get the chassis back to Rally looks. Tamiya chassis are just like Legos so you'll get what ever you want with patience at lots of kit bashin.

DeSmet Spartan
06-19-2000, 04:32 PM
Ronin: I think you got things mixed up. The TB-01 TRF they are talking about is a touring car with all the option parts already installed. The truck is something new, based on the TB-01 chassis. It probably has TRF on it because it is a test vehicle.

------------------
St. Louis RAM
1999 Super Bowl Champions