PDA

View Full Version : What would happen?

BorG
06-07-2000, 04:09 PM
What would happen if you pour real gasoline in your nitro truck? I never tried this before (if I did, I'd be stupid) and was wondering what the results might be.

------------------
If you can't see my tail light, then you're ahead of me. :)

rich
06-07-2000, 07:16 PM
RC Nitro has oil additives and regular car gasoline does not. so you would more than likley burn up the engine in a few minutes.

Rich

Hobbystar
06-08-2000, 10:48 PM
Actually, it probably wouldn't even run. Gasoline requires some sort of igniton system. A glow plug won't cut it. I don't think it can get hot enough to ignite the gas. Nitromethane (the active part of Nitro fuel) will ignite at a much lower temperature, and produces much more power.

SteveP
06-09-2000, 08:40 AM
Actually - gasoline has a lower flash point from what I understand, making it easier to ignite. The bottom line is that these nitro engines are designed to run on nitro fuel, not gasoline. If you could get the engine to run even with the proper lubricants mixed in, it would be harful to the engine. Don't do it.

KITT
06-09-2000, 03:02 PM
those are all good points and for your safety and those around you don't do it because(real)cars and trucks have emissions systems and all kinds of safety measures because when regular gasoline burns it creates a heavy, thick, toxic gas and fumes plus the muffler you have is not properly tuned to use fuels like that. oh, and the air induction on cars is also a key factor gasoline needs lots of are per particle of fuel to burn and unless i am mistaken i don't
think your car has the proper air flow with that tiny airfilter/carburator. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------

80's
monster trucks
girls
4ever