PDA

View Full Version : my TAO3r-s too tail happy, help

elRey
06-07-2000, 11:03 PM
someone please explain to me why my TAO3r-s is so spin happy.
are they always tail happy, or will a good set of tires in the rear fix it. I just have the feeling that even when I put some sticky treads on, I'll still lose it around turns. Right now if I even look right or left I'm swinging 180's.

traction aside...
if I were to roll my rear wheels on my FF01 through oil I don't believe it would do this.

------------------
Rey

SteveP
06-08-2000, 10:19 AM
There are a number of things you could do to solve the problem. Softer rear tires, lower rear ride height, harder front tires, higher front ride height, front roll bar, softer springs in the rear, harder springs in the front, etc.

elRey
06-08-2000, 06:19 PM
again, thanks for the help. I do have much softer tire up front than in the rear. So I'll go from there.

Thanks,
Rey

KITT
06-09-2000, 03:12 AM
also you might consider your weight distribution setup you could be too heavy in the rear and i forget is the r-s the one that has the mid-engine 'cause if it is that's probably your problem right there(weight dist.) http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

80's
monster trucks
girls
4ever

DeSmet Spartan
06-12-2000, 10:01 AM
Isn't the rs the short wheel base version? If so, would that make it twichier, or maybe you have to much steering.

Good Luck

------------------
St. Louis RAM
1999 Super Bowl Champions