PDA

View Full Version : What a body!!!!

Ronin
06-11-2000, 01:58 PM
Hello me again,
Does any one know if you can mount the Pro Line Aston Martin body on a TL-01? In the March readers rides someone mounted a Protoform porsche on one and it looks like it slopes the same as the Aston in the front but just to be sure I was wondering if anyone knows.

Ronin
06-12-2000, 10:54 AM
Please, I need some help. I really like aston martins, so if it would work I am gonna get the TL01 instead of the Kyosho.

KITT
06-13-2000, 02:47 AM
dude, you can fit any body on any car because most bodies come w/o any pre made holes except for tamiya bodies. the only exceptions to this would be if your trying to fit a truck body on a car chassis and vise-versa. Also one other thing is you have to look at width most sedan bodies come in two widths 190mm and 200mm the TL-01 uses 190mm bodies but this can be modified by adding longer suspension arms. If you really wanted a 200 mm body you could get deeply offset rims that would bridge the gap, but i would not run the car roughly for fear that the first ding would shred the body.

------------------
http://karrnet.freeservers.com/Karr1.gif

80's
monster trucks
girls

dlwill1@pacbell.net

aznguy
06-13-2000, 11:48 PM
you can place almost any bodies except for the really low cars like the NSX or a McLaren. cause the mounts are placed above the show tower or near the wheel wells so you can't really slam the body low enough for those car bodies to look right and fit right.

Ronin
06-14-2000, 12:00 AM
Well I just wasnt sure, know you cant put certain HPI bodies on certain Tamitya cars i was just checking.