PDA

View Full Version : Please, no more links to host photos

SteveP
07-14-2001, 09:07 PM
Jeepinator was very selfless and kind to offer a temporary solution to the problem with Photo Point by offering to host photos on his website, which is unrelated to RC, until we can develop a secure upload feature for members to post pics. There are other free hosting services around the net, but I think Jeep's offer is very generous as another alternative.

As much as we appreciate any other offer to help, it's come to my attention that other RC website operators are using this opportunity to offer thier services as well. I thank you for offering to pitch in, but it's beginning to blur the line with respect to the user agreement and posting links to websites. Please do not post links to personal or other RC websites for the purpose of hosting pictures. Again, we thank you for your offer to the members, but we'd like to keep it to just the one already posted.

[ 07-14-2001: Message edited by: SteveP ]

bluesy
07-15-2001, 01:03 AM
Steve and Jeep...as I was the only one who availed myself of the offer and the whole picture subject appears to have caused no end of hassle, it would be alright with me if you pulled that link down. I am willing to wait until RCCA can resolve the host server problem. I really have enjoyed this BB and certainly don't want to have another member in dispute or to be treated any differently than any other member.

I enjoy displaying my efforts to garner feedback and "head pats" but, again, I am willing to wait.

Jeep..

Thanks for your service....maybe if I can get to Portland one of these days I'll buy you dinner or something.. :) :D

jeepinator
07-15-2001, 08:09 AM
Yeah, kinda weird.
We had a ton of people in the "photo point has been restricted" thread having a cow.
I thought I could provide a service people would want/need.
It appears that I was way wrong. Oh well.
I enjoy posting pics (as if you could not tell ;) ). I figured other people would like to as well ...
I am not rescinding my offer, but sheesh ... what's up ?
Well, I respect the administrators of this BBS, so I will do... ummm... whatever is best. I am not sure what that is exactly, but sorry for any hassles :rolleyes:

bluesy, that sounds nice, but you owe me nothing as it cost me nothing. I know some pretty cool places to get some chow though ;)

And Steve, thanks for the kind words.

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: jeepinator ]

SteveP
07-15-2001, 08:22 AM
Jeep - it has nothing to do with you at all and I appreciate your offer to help users that might have otherwise wanted to use Photo Point. It's the "Hey, I'll host your pics too, and by the way, check out my awesome RC website" stuff that was cropping up that started to get out of hand. I guess there are not that many people that want to post pictures. So much for all the noise. :D