PDA

View Full Version : impulse

Bill
06-18-2000, 01:31 PM
I just bought A serpent impulse, and i find it to be quite loose. It doesnt seem to setup like my RS4. does anybody have any sugestions for a tight track

SteveP
06-22-2000, 07:03 PM
Bill - sorry it took so long to get to your question. We tested the Impulse along with a buch of other nitro touring cars. Here's the set-up we used.

Stock setup on shocks, ride height, and caster.

2 degrees rear toe

-1 degree camber all the way around

0 degrees front toe

Pro-Line H13 slicks with Pro-Line ground foam inserts

Bill
06-22-2000, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the reply
When you tested the car, did you find it at all loose?
I'm wondering if I just have to learn to drive more on the "edge".
I also have a FULLY decked out HPI RS4 and a Kyosho World cup edition, and they seem to drive the groove a little smoother.
I'm really interested in dialling this car in as I would like to drive it in the R/C races at the Toronto Molson Indy.

Anyway thanks again and I'll try that setup.

SteveP
06-23-2000, 07:28 AM
Bill - that set-up provided very balanced handling. Maybe a little agressive on the steering but very controlable. BTW - we also widened the car to 200mm at both ends - forgot that.

YelloJello
09-11-2000, 06:21 PM
I noticed you said you have an IMPULSE and a WC Kyosho... those are the 2 I am deciding to buy. In your experience. Which one is better performance? Cause I think they both end up to be almost the same price.

Thanx a lot.

Distro
09-11-2000, 08:20 PM
hurmw ounder if i should set my impulse to 200mm, but right now i have teh shocks at 2 hehe (really bad setup here but it works for me) like 4 degrees rear toe in stock front toe in 195mm width not sure about the camber, and stock ride hieght, but this is for the marbly dusty surface and the car is almost too tight feels like the car is about to flip when i corner.