PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Make A Real Web Site, Need A Name.

very low budget racer
05-18-2001, 06:51 AM
I will be making a real web site soon hopefully if I can find out a good name for the site I was thinking www.extremerc.org (http://www.extremerc.org) which is not in use, but I am not sure. I will be making this over the summer as a personal project. I will be using homestead to host my site since they have a great site builder and I can make my own HTML script for it (I dont know HTML yet) which is good for later on. C'Mon guys give me some names, and getting a .org domain name is cheaper than .com or anythign else.

WhoKnowsWho
05-18-2001, 10:50 AM
HTML isn't very hard to learn, some of the more semi-complicated stuff like Frames are a bit tough but nothing a little experimentation can solve. How about The Lone Budget Racer? (Though a slight rip of the Budget Racer in older RCCA) I have no idea, I am horrible with names, but good luck!

morfeeis
05-18-2001, 11:18 AM
www.low (http://www.low) budgetrczone.org

AnimeKing
05-18-2001, 01:35 PM
V.L.B. Racer,

What kind of RC page are you making? is it all encompassing?

I'm into Electric On-Road/Stadium and Nitro On-Road....

Anyway, I'm a professional web developer and I'd be willing to help you with the site and work on it with you - or just offer advice/help if you get hung up.

Feel free to contact me. I don't mean this to sound like I want a job or anything, I'd like to help for free...

As far as the Domain name, e xtremerc.org sounds fine. If you were planning to do something with your site though, you might want to name it more along thoes lines. For example, if you're going to do reviews of kits, I'd call it rcreview.com(net,org).

I was thinking of putting up a site of my own on my cars (as a sub site of another site I'm working on) with reviews on the kits I have, upgrade info/how tos, pictures, video (possibly). Tips for painting bodies. Other visual mods.

Good luck either way!

very low budget racer
05-18-2001, 05:19 PM
Well I dont really know about the site's them, it will basically be a general site, forums, video's, how-to's, reviews, racing news, ect. I have made a simple site with homestead, I was gonna expand from it alot, here is the link web page (http://www.rcpalace.homestead.com) but with a new name and such, does anyone know of a company that will host the site for free if i purchase a domain name from them? Other than that i need maybe some idea's for what it should include, and Anemking thanks for the offer I will keep your email addy in my adress book.

jeepinator
05-18-2001, 08:25 PM
nakedrc.com
inyourfacerc.com
onetenthrc.com

... just a few off the top of my head :p

XtremLosi
05-18-2001, 11:14 PM
The only reason I wouldn't use extremerc.org is because it would almost seem a knock off of extremerc.com. Come up with something original. InsaneRCs.org... ummm... everythingrc.org... planetrc.org. What ever floats your boat I guess

WhoKnowsWho
05-18-2001, 11:44 PM
Ugh, not planetrc.org, there are too too many planet whatever sites...

very low budget racer
05-20-2001, 09:41 AM
hows ModRC.org?

Jo_bomb17
05-21-2001, 01:29 PM
heres some!

rcfromheaven.org
superspeedyrc.org
maniacrc.org
rcoutofhell.org
I dont know just some suggestions

P.S i stink with names :rolleyes:

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Rustler Hustler ]

1320_GT
05-21-2001, 01:48 PM
How about: BlazinRCs.org (or BlazinFastRCs, something like that), TheRCCornecopia.org (a shear wealth of info there..j/k) & how about 2strokes.org(asm) (umm...hopefully you can see the humor there). The first title was my 'real' title....just having fun with the other two. I also liked ManiacRC...but maybe more like RCMania...ehh...just ideas.