PDA

View Full Version : Hey steve......

Rustler
06-19-2000, 08:07 PM
I was wondering if you could help me with making a checklist of stuff I should get for my offroad track, and do you think that you could write an track article with stuff in it like how to make one, what they should be made out of, ETC. THANKS

-Rustler

------------------
I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.-T-Maxx

ChazMan
06-20-2000, 01:58 AM
Steve,

I know you are a very busy man but I was wondering if you could throw together something for me about making a track, like how big it should be, what materials work best, that kind of stuff. And also, what I really need help with is I need some info on how to run races. I know this might sound stupid but there is not a track around us so I not sure on a lot of it. If you could tell me a little about setting up races too I would very much appreciate it. And if there is anybody else out there that can help we I would appreciate it. Just send it to dachazman@hotmail.com.

By the way Steve. THE MAGAZINE RULES! KEEP IT UP! Thanks again. Any help would be appreciated.

ChazMan

~Just Remember, Wheel Side Up~

Rustler
06-20-2000, 11:05 PM
Where are ya steve?

------------------
I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.-T-Maxx

Greg_Hager
06-20-2000, 11:13 PM
Yea Steve, i am thinking about making one too. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
Greg Hager
DuraTrax Maximum ST

P.S. Taillight City, aint it purdy? :D

SteveP
06-21-2000, 08:39 AM
I'm here - I just need to get some sleep every now and then! LOL!

There's really not that much to making a track. You can simply cut the track out of the ground, or you can install barriers in the lanes to keep the cars from crossing over into other lanes. If you decide to install barriers, be careful to avoid using a material that's going to rip a wheel off if you hit it. PVC pipe for example, makes a good barrier, but the seams can rip off a suspension arm in the blink of an eye. Face all of the seams in the direction ot travel. The lanes should be a minumium of 8 feet wide to allow plenty of room. You may also want to get some hand counters (sporting goods stores usually carry them) so those that aren't racing can keep track of your car.
The sky's the limit, you can build pit tables with AC outlets, ad a computer lap counting system, etc.

[This message has been edited by SteveP (edited 06-22-2000).]

Rustler
06-21-2000, 11:49 PM
THANKS, sorry for trying to hurry you along.

------------------