PDA

View Full Version : Tamia ford f-150 svt lightning

Stampedeguy
06-20-2000, 03:30 AM
I am thinking about getting a Tamia Ford f-150 Svt lightning and I am wondering if anybody has heard any positive or negative comments about it.

KITT
06-20-2000, 03:35 AM
it'a a tamiya tl-01 chassis in my opinion i don't think it's the best one to get but if your a newbie with not much fundage it's fine with a few key hop-ups (like oil shocks for one).

------------------
http://karrnet.freeservers.com/Karr1.gif

80's
monster trucks
girls

dlwill1@pacbell.net

red20
06-20-2000, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Stampedeguy:
I am thinking about getting a Tamia Ford f-150 Svt lightning and I am wondering if anybody has heard any positive or negative comments about it.

I do not know what u gonna use it for but it got the TL01 chasis, like mine, the Stadium Raider, but the Tamiya Ford F-150 SVT Lightning is more for the onroad-touring side due to its slamdown body. One thing for sure, ball bearing 1st. then ESC. Mine i have converted it to touring using TA03 TRF-Special oil shock(gold color), turnbuckle, blue after market arm and hub carrier, carbon propeller and shaft, ball diff and lastly the most mentioned Dodge Stratus body!! I use LRP ESC F1 Pro Reverse (rev.disable)and with dean ultra plugs. Tamiya Super Touring with cooler fan. I sure beaten the un-tweaked TC3 and the HPI.

It all goes to who is holding the trigger. Practice, practice and practice. Believe it or not, the fastest car does not mean he will be the 1st to cross the grid. Take eg fastest McLaren west F1,...Ferrari M. Schumacher still can beat them, right???

Thats all, pls advice me more then.

claytonsmith
06-20-2000, 04:01 PM
look in the december 98' issue of rcca for a review of it. i dont run electric but from what i understand it is a good beggeners car

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-07-2000, 02:01 AM
If you already bought it throw this away dont get it is a waste of money i have 1 a pede with 500 . 00 dollars worth of hop ups and i wish i saved my money My tlo1 has all stock but paradox pro motor and rival sport i dont plan to buy anything else for it because i dont like it : p Nick :>)