PDA

View Full Version : TA04, TC3, RS4 PRO2 or the Yokomo? or TB01??

red20
06-20-2000, 05:55 AM
Which one you all willing to take as your 1st car after considering all the spec, price, after-service etc? Lets discuss this?

Ronin
06-21-2000, 12:53 AM
Personally I would take a TB-01. The TL01, is for begginers and has few hop ups for as long as it has been on the market. The TC3 is too expensive and i am not that much into racing, and the same with the others. I like the TB-01 cause its rally and rather new so when I am ready for hop ups they will be there. They even have a few good ones out now, just look at the first page of the touring car action mag, Subaru body, New blue heat sink, Carbon propeller shaft, light wieght gear set, optional spur gear, Racing motor mount, Carbon chassis set ( which would be the first major thing to up grade after bearings and ESC.) It also has a clear cover and driver navigator figures so it looks cool to.

TeeGeeRacer
06-21-2000, 01:47 AM
Hopping up a car is alot of the FUN part. I'd probably get a TA04 and add on a few token mods here and there. There's almost zero fun with the TC3 (I had one so I know). The fun is definitely there with the Yoke MR4 (not Pro). Same with the Pro2 (along with Tamiya, God bless HPI!)
The TL01 is an amazing car. Entry level? Yes. Cheap? Yah. Very much so. Strong? Yuppers. Handling? nothing a few mods here and there can't help. Fast? Heck no, but not until you do this and that! Did I mention it's cheap?

I'd like to see a works FF02 though. I like being the underdog oddball and this would be the car for me to have. I wish there were more FWD's out there.

But to answer the original question, TA04.

red20
06-22-2000, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by TeeGeeRacer:
Hopping up a car is alot of the FUN part. I'd probably get a TA04 and add on a few token mods here and there. There's almost zero fun with the TC3 (I had one so I know). The fun is definitely there with the Yoke MR4 (not Pro). Same with the Pro2 (along with Tamiya, God bless HPI!)
The TL01 is an amazing car. Entry level? Yes. Cheap? Yah. Very much so. Strong? Yuppers. Handling? nothing a few mods here and there can't help. Fast? Heck no, but not until you do this and that! Did I mention it's cheap?

I'd like to see a works FF02 though. I like being the underdog oddball and this would be the car for me to have. I wish there were more FWD's out there.

But to answer the original question, TA04.

Yes another Tamiya TA04. I like the TC3 but since parts are near to impossible to get, i would go for the TB01. Its centre drive shaft, mid bucket type chassis with TG10 options, never a mistake.

My TL01 is there for stay and u know what, still racing and still can beat the Pro2 and the TC3. Kekekee. I just installed the Tamiya Super Touring motor and yes im at par with the rest. I drive better. kekeke.

TeeGeeRacer
06-23-2000, 01:30 AM
One of the big time pro drivers, Terry Rott, races a TL01 at his local track and does extremely well with it. He gets a kick out of beating the hardcore racer TC's with his supposedly POS Tamiya.
Like him I get a kick out of hearing, "That's a Tamiya?!?"

red20
06-23-2000, 03:59 AM
"That's a Tamiya?!?" Yes ! It is "D" Tamiya !!! Hahahaa. Thanks Man. I need that kind of motivation. There are those driver like to "Hoo Haa" their MR4-TC TC3 and their HPI but when they are on the track, they just ***** . Im not into hating these brands, coz personally i love their chasis design, lighter and sort of futuristic than mine, but its the driver attitude and skills that counts. I hate when ppl said, go for this brand and that brand but when they drive along with the not-so favourable type of kit, they lose, duhhhhh!!!.

:0 http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif Drive faster and keep it cool!!