PDA

View Full Version : Ebay'ers again

Doubledog
11-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Silly questions:

Why would a seller state that they'll leave you feedback after you leave it for them first?

Is this right in your opinion?

Would you put such a statement in one of your ads?

If so, why?

My take on it is this:

If you buy from me & make payment within a fair amount of time, communicate well, etc... I'm going to leave you good feedback FIRST .

Maybe I'm old school & believe differently.

Not starting a fight with anyone in particular but I did recently see another ad that clearly said the same thing in broad daylight. I bought some parts from a company through 'buy it now' a little while ago. After payment was made, I got an automated response stating they'd leave me positive feedback after they received it from me......... Excuse me but ***?

I bought you product & paid instantly..... & you want to do that?

Funny was that I emailed them saying they could mail the product but they could also go to hell. No response as of yet.

Venting yes. Stating the gentlemans way of doing business also. YES.

Have a good day.
:)

Ron Olson
11-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I only leave feedback after I have recieved what I purchased. It doesn't matter to me if I did it first or not. What is this persons problem?
Are they afraid that you'll leave them negative feedback and then want to retaliate? I've only left one bad feedback after recieving something that I thought was the real thing (it was an autographed photo of the cast of Gilligan's Island. Go ahead, laugh, it was the only non-R/C related item that I bought on eBay.) but instead was a copy of a photo that was printed off a computer on glossy stock.

dannyUAL767
11-18-2004, 12:44 PM
From what I've noticed on ebay is that if you give neg feedback first, then they will retaliate with their own neg feedback of you. It really kind of takes away the only tool we've got :mad: .

I haven't bought too much off of ebay but I :mad: "window shop" the rc section every single day and have so for the last two yrs :eek: ! You've really, really got to be careful buying on ebay. I've been burned! I've also got some good deals but it's always the burns that you remember about.

CFRACR
11-18-2004, 07:56 PM
(it was an autographed photo of the cast of Gilligan's Island. Go ahead, laugh, it was the only non-R/C related item that I bought on eBay.) but instead was a copy of a photo that was printed off a computer on glossy stock.

Ron,
You a gilligan fan? I had lunch with Bob Denver a little over a year ago.

I may still be able to get you a cap>with his real signature on it.

Doubledog
11-19-2004, 03:37 AM
There is currently an ad out where the guy says he'll leave feedback after you leave it for him. BS !

If I put another ad on there, I'm going to post a link & let you see how I try to flame these guys. Just love preaching in the description how its wrong etc.. & that I'll leave feedback when payment is received.... the way its supposed to be done.

Why? --- Yes, I'm sure of my product.

How? -- Because theres plenty of room to describe the item in full detail. When you get the product, there will be no surprises. None of this crap about you having to email me for further questions. Its all going to be described.

Shipping? ---- Yes, I am trying to get rich by making an extra buck. Hog Wash.

Also, this guy is selling a mod 230 right now. Pull start needs replacing. He says it can be replaced for $15 . I asked him where can he find one for that price & that the cheapest I've seen is 20 & its not even OEM. !!! Plain & simple, I told him he's misleading the buyer. He responded back with my crying over a 5 dollar difference.

Simply put, my opinion remains......... CLOWN. Because you make me laugh.

CFRACR
11-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I was cruising ebay the other day. I came across a ad that was selling a nitro hammer. They actually have two boats in the pic., Saying that you can choose which color you want. Both are described as barely used. Well the funny thing is that the starting bid was real high & the ad said that they sell for 335.00 @ retail. I sent that person a email informing them that the actual retail for the nitro hammer is 219.99. I got a email back telling me that their LHS sells@ 335.00. I replied with a email stating "right", well would you please forward me the name of your LHS, that I would like to give them a call. Never got a response, go figure.

MORTER MAN
11-19-2004, 12:09 PM
SO? JUST DON'T LEAVE FEED BACK! lol If it won't work for you, then it won't work for him.

Ron Olson
11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Retail and Street Price are 2 different things. Any boat that is sold by Horizon Hobbies will have usually both of those prices stated. If you are a Dealer for HH, you can not sell a new boat for less than their advertised street price. someone might be able to get away with it if you bought it at the Hobby Shop but don't advertise a lower price on the Internet!
Too many people use the retail price in their ads to try to slip one by you because you know that they didn't buy it for that much in the first place.
Doubledog, PM me a link if you can, I'd like to see it.
CF, I was surfing the Gilligan's Island site after I saw the construction article that Pat Tritle did in RCBM on the SS Minnow. There was some links in there to some eBay items for GI fans.
Sure, if you can score an autographed that or anything else from him, let me know. I'll pay you well for what you can get. I'm into collecting baseball caps, I had over 150 of them at one time hanging in my stairway to the basement.

CFRACR
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Ron I totally agree, because thats exactly what they were doing. But where did they get a 335.00 retail for the Nitro Hammer? Even if your LHS is in the North Pole I would think it would be less than that! :D

Here's a link to the ad, anyone with ebay login should send them a email, because they blew mine off.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19166&item=5934441423&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Ron- Somewhere I have two of them! When I had lunch with him I got two caps exactly like the one that he wore in the show & had him sign them for me. Funny :p he was wearing one of the original one's from the show at lunch that day. It was sorta yellow though(old) :D

bufferoo
11-19-2004, 04:34 PM
DD...I completely understand where you're coming from on this one. I have not gotten close to 100 feedbacks that I should have whereas I've left feedback on every single transaction regardless if they were postive or not. I've been both buyer and seller and as far as I'm concerned the ONLY HONOURABLE thing to do is to leave a feedback once YOUR end of the transaction is complete. If I'm selling I leave appropriate and accurate feedback as soon as I get (or sometimes DON'T get) my payment. If I'm the buyer I leave it the SAME DAY I get my item. I may leave positive or not but I am always fair and accurate in my descriptions (ie item in good shape but very poor communications). Still might be positive but it does show all the sides of the transactions.

I really don't care if I don't get feedback left for me first. I can at least be the better person and hold up my end of the deal as expected and I would NEVER insist that the other person leave feedback first. I will however send a nicely worded email to the other party asking why they feel they do not need to leave feedback. I have found that in quite a few cases people have no clue about how feedback works (ie my father-in-law :rolleyes: ).

I have also found that people tend to react most strongly to a neutral than a negative as a person actually has to THINK about the problem in order to leave a neutral rather than just spouting off about "What a jerk!!!!. Took 3 whole days to arrive!!!".

Bufferoo

FESTER2004
07-16-2005, 01:43 AM
when i sell stuff on ebay, i leave feedback for the buyer,he did his part by sending payment so ther for he should recieve positive feedback.now when he recieves my item,its up to his discretion to leave me positve,etc.this is the way it should work!i ahve recieved a postive from a seller n many times i had to leave a negitive cuz of price of shipping was oput of control n they refused to eok with me. i paid 5.50 for shipping n it came out to 48 censt this is unfair.if i over charge my buyes with the cost i gladley cut them a refund!

i have 324 stars with 100% positive rate

Doubledog
07-16-2005, 02:58 AM
This would be a good one to be moved to the off topic area as we've all had experiences.

Looked back through this thread and got a good laugh. I've went so far as to ask the seller a question and then put this link in there for them to see that folks are jerking their chain. :D:D

Ron Olson
07-16-2005, 10:46 AM
If you've been on eBay lately there is a lot of cheap boats being sold on there, some resembling one of the more popular RTR boats on the market today. If you look closely at the auctions, the Buy It Now price seems to be about the going price of one that you'd find in a Dept. store but the shipping price is outrageous! $35.00 to ship a $39.00 boat? We know where they are making a profit! When I've shipped complete RTR 3.5 OB tunnels across the US for a little over $8.00 . These people must be including the gas money and "labor" to get to the PO or UPS.