PDA

View Full Version : Pre builts and RTR's

lbending
10-14-2000, 10:50 PM
Is it just me or are any of you sick of all these pre-builts and almost rtr's. Heck they even come with the bodies painted. I can remember building my first super champ which I still have, that was part of the fun of these r/c cars and trucks. I dont know maybe ppl are just to impatient to build their own cars now a days but a certain amount of pride comes with puting something together and painting your own body however you wish. In the end you get to see all your work pay off as something you did comes to life when you pop a batery in it or fill it with gas......
Just my opinion

Lee

chucksolo
10-15-2000, 02:44 PM
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps some people don't want to build kits or simply do not have the time? I personally have a very demanding career and don't really have the inclination or time to build a kit. I have repaired all of my RTR cars, I have 5, with no problems whatsoever. I do however, like to paint my own bodies so I agree with you on that part. Most prepainted body schemes are pretty cheesy. RTR cars have their place in the hobby. To me, the hobby is all about running these models and improving their performance. While this requires a little bit of assembly and disassembly, I really could care less about building an entire kit.

JoeTheShmoe
10-15-2000, 03:40 PM
I think that whatever brings more people into this hobby is alright. If i can have one more person to race, even if they have a factory paintjob, i will be happy.

"thats my 2 cents."

Nitro_Rustler_15
10-15-2000, 04:21 PM
I started off with a nitro rustler rtr, and I found that even though I didn't build it I still have pride in that I can drive it well and whenever something breaks I can fix it myself (with a little help from the exploded parts section). Rtr's are needed in the hobby because most people now realize they can get into this hobby easily, and that to me is great cause I need more people to race! http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

beeper
10-15-2000, 04:40 PM
Why can't people just have fun. Stop crying about how stupid RTRs are if you don't like them don't buy them. Is it that big of a deal that you have to post things like this. My goodness, you do things the way you want and let other people do things the way they want.
beeper http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif