PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Forum Part 1!!!

TeeGeeRacer
06-23-2000, 01:53 AM
Okay if you're like me this forum's for you.

I've been into R/C cars since 1986 and the car I wanted then was a Tamiya Falcon (which I never got). Surprisingly though I never owned a Tamiya till just now (TG10 Pro)! It almost seemed that when the time came for a new car I would get a better deal on something else.
Oh well, from now on it's pretty much Tamiya for me. With the upcoming releases of the TA04, TGR, and TB01 TRF, my future R/C garage is pretty much set!
Anyways why do I love Tamiya? I dunno. When I hear Associated or Losi I think of a bunch of guys running around hoping to do good in qualifying while they glue their tires and charge their batteries. When I hear Tamiya I think of a bunch of guys with smiles on their faces drag racing their realistic looking little cars. To me that's what it's all about, the smile factor.
Anyone else?

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Villa/9577/main.html

red20
06-23-2000, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by TeeGeeRacer:
Okay if you're like me this forum's for you.

I've been into R/C cars since 1986 and the car I wanted then was a Tamiya Falcon (which I never got). Surprisingly though I never owned a Tamiya till just now (TG10 Pro)! It almost seemed that when the time came for a new car I would get a better deal on something else.
Oh well, from now on it's pretty much Tamiya for me. With the upcoming releases of the TA04, TGR, and TB01 TRF, my future R/C garage is pretty much set!
Anyways why do I love Tamiya? I dunno. When I hear Associated or Losi I think of a bunch of guys running around hoping to do good in qualifying while they glue their tires and charge their batteries. When I hear Tamiya I think of a bunch of guys with smiles on their faces drag racing their realistic looking little cars. To me that's what it's all about, the smile factor.
Anyone else?

My vote is for Tamiya indeed!! Go Tamiya. The most realistic model up to the millimeter. With the coming TA04 & TB01 the TRF, Tamiya will no longer be left behind. Look at Clod Buster? Tell me, isn't the kit look awesome and still in the market??? Yea, sure, with modified chasis from this such & such companies...but everyone knows..Tamiya Clod Buster the creator, the pioneer.

No harm done, just honesty http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

Simon SuperHornet
06-27-2000, 11:50 PM
: D My Vote goes to Tamiya hands down - for a number of reasons but mostly besause their stuff lasts and is fairly easy to replace and upgrade . The RC Cars ar trick but not impossible to construct .

------------------

carkit
06-28-2000, 07:01 PM
Hi , Guys ,

Can anyone tell what are the differences between an old Tamiya Tiger Tank and the newer one with a Porsche turret . I ' ve read there ' s no motor on the Porsche turret , is this true ?

Which version is better , old or new ?

Thanks

ski33player
03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi, I have just got into vintage Tamiya's and would like to start restoring them. Can anyone offer some advice on which tools I will need? Is there a set tool kit I can buy? Also, any good tips and sources for decals, paints, and parts?

TRF Drive Hard
03-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok, dead thread, and i DO MEAN DEAD THREAD stays dead...