PDA

View Full Version : Funny rc videos, very cool!!!!!!

danash
01-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Found a video on a cool website that posts extreme rc videos.. I'm not sure what to think of it, maybe it's staged or something, but either way the video clearly shows why it's a bad idea to run rc trucks in open public places..

Here's the link http://www.monsterrccentral.com/rcvideos It's the one on the bottom left-hand side of the page.

what do you guys think?

There's also a bunch of other cool RC videos there, these guys seem to post new ones pretty often! I've been back 3 times this week and each time it had new videos.. cool beans!

rocknbil
01-06-2005, 12:19 PM
You mean the B-52 crash? No way dude that is definately not staged, it is a U.K. flier and was a sad sight to see. :(

Here's the original discussion (http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=178040).

The one on the right - flying lawn mower - that one's been around for quite a few years now, you can even get kits of those and drive them with a .90 engine.

By the way welcome aboard! :D

Specializer
01-06-2005, 07:03 PM
my dad spectated the B-52 crash....he said it was a sad sight....here

Specializer
01-06-2005, 07:05 PM
this is what it looks like now

dont mind the middle finger on the bottom...i just noticed that too

ggfx-mikey
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
yah i saw the video of that, ohh.. that had to be the worst feeling, cause im sure for alot of them that was there second or third child

KanaiDude
01-07-2005, 11:21 AM
holy cow man just watched that thing go down holy cow man

henry_huckem
01-07-2005, 11:36 AM
that was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. what happened that they lost control?

4DMNYC
01-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Maybe it's me...but I don't find this neither cool or funny, don't get me wrong, I'm all for hardcore bashing and insane rc stunts and all that stuff, heck, I've made vids of that kind of thing, but this is a different situation, this bomber must have cost thousands of dollars and countless man hours to build and for it to unintentionaly crash like that into a million pieces must have devastated everyone involved.I know this is a pretty old incident but it still hurts to watch it go down like that, I would have cried for days if that was my plane.

henry_huckem
01-07-2005, 11:56 AM
ahhh lighten up they wouldnt have posted it to the internet if they werent able to laugh about it now and say 'man that was really something else!'

yeah, it sucks that they lost such a neat-o plane, but seriously, who doesnt wonder as they watch it fly what it would be like if it crashed? we all do. now we know. I wanna know what happened!?

4DMNYC
01-07-2005, 12:03 PM
true.true....I also wanna know what caused the crash....

rocknbil
01-07-2005, 12:16 PM
4D - click my link to the original discussion, I used to fly and that's what it looked like to me, power loss to the electronics.

4DMNYC
01-07-2005, 12:29 PM
I guess there may have been a few reasons for the crash but HOLY MOLY...do you really think that plane cost over a $100 grand.

pinolelst
01-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I think these guys add their labor in when they say something cost $100,000.No way does that reflect simple material costs

rccardude04
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Also, remember that those turbine engines aren't exactly cheap... And they had 8 of them.
-Eric

Specializer
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
cause of the crash...the pilot was not very experinced....if the pilot is on this forum dont get me wrong...the angle of the turn was to sharp for the planel..plus the wind was over 25-30mph...all of this caused a stall....no mechanical or electronic failures

R/cpb
01-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I heard the figure was closer to 60 G's, to put that into perspective, thats the equal cost for the C6 Corvette :eek:

rocknbil
01-07-2005, 10:05 PM
cause of the crash...the pilot was not very experinced.......the angle of the turn was to sharp for the planel..plus the wind was over 25-30mph...all of this caused a stall....

Well I used to fly and this is complete nonsense.

That plane was flying LEVEL when it started to bank in, and it banked DOWN. A stall is caused by too steep a climb and the subsequent loss of speed, and consequently loss of lift, causing it to slide off the air plane and sideways. Usually an inexperienced flier will bank too steep on takeoff and stall it at the end of the runway. He was up to full flying speed by the time he got in trouble, there was absolutely no stall anywhere in that video.

As for wind - **I've** flown a 7 pound trainer in 25 MPH winds, and any flier at all knows how to work the wind to their advantage, upwind, downwind, crosswind, doesn't matter, unless it's strong enough to flip it over completely it's only going to add lift.

As for the experience - I can't see how someone could put so much effort into a custom-built flier without know what the heck they are doing. As he lifts off he tacks and adjusts to the breezes just fine - you can see that. While I'll give you he might have just choked when it started to spiral in, I find it highly unlikely. But it's possible, both this and my speculation of electronic failures are just that - speculation. But there was no stall.

rpmmaxxed
01-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Specializer
cause of the crash...the pilot was not very experinced.......the angle of the turn was to sharp for the planel..plus the wind was over 25-30mph...all of this caused a stall....

That is the most ignorant statement I have heard in sometime.
1. How do you have any idea of what the windspeed was?

2. Noone in their right mind would take such an exspensive and difficult to fly airplane up unless they knew what they were doing. I have personally flown a B-52 of smaller scale, and they are not the easiest planes I have flown.

3. As he enters the banked turn, there is a slight moment in time when you see the plane begin to roll left, back into level flight. At this moment is when things went wrong.Either Rx Power was lost, which happens more than you would want too beleive with planes, or a linkage or servo failure occured. With a turn of such steep banking angle, and the alloted throw that the control surfaces had, there is a high possibility that the aileron servos stripped.

I have been flying my 1.20 Hangar9 Ultra stick with a Saito 1.80 Four Stroke when coming out of a steep dive, and whipping into a flat spin, the aileron servos stripped out. It is not like in cars, when the servo strips and becomes glitchy, all power is lost, to that servo, and the control surface flutters helplessly.

On another one of my planes I have was taking off into high winds, and reached full throttle, went too pull a loop into the wind at about 10 ft, and my elevator linkage snapped at the joint. In turn the plane bit the dirt, shearing the tail off.

Bottom line, It was NOT an In-experience Pilot, but Equipment failure that caused this beautiful plane to go down.

Specializer
01-08-2005, 01:12 AM
u know Better rocnbil....rpm..ill just lay off...the windspeed question is just pathetic so im not gonna answer...i don't want to get into arguments

how long did u think before u said this..its called an opinion...the windspeed i know while the rest is pretty much from what i heard...so just take a pill...wanna flame some1? go flame the people who were there

That is the most ignorant statement I have heard in sometime.