PDA

View Full Version : Stories?

msnrub5000
01-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm bored, and I'm at school, so does anyone have any good stories? Crashes? :D

murphy3688
01-25-2005, 11:17 AM
what a sad way to spend our education days, eh, msnrub5k?

but i broke somethin once. in a crash. with my rc car. i try not to, really; costs money ya know

Fluke
01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
same here

TRF Drive Hard
01-25-2005, 03:50 PM
I remember ripping my 03r in a cross street and ally... i had a D3 motor mod... i was coming outta an ally drive way zipping across the street and then it skipped on a small pebble... soon the car went flying sideways and hitting the curb hard... the left side was smashed... universals bent, chassis fractured... i had to spend over 100 dollars to replace what was broken... fun crash actually :D

-=ADA$=-
01-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I bet you wasnt laughing when it happened :D

always_opencarb
01-25-2005, 05:37 PM
guess what?!?!??! there was an invention, i think its called DO A SEARCH!!!!!

Specializer
01-25-2005, 05:45 PM
And don't you have exams?

tec_41
01-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Our exams were last week. My story is one that I posted a while back, but when I was driving with a friend we made a track out of rail road ties and logs. His neighbor was watching and sat on one of the RR Ties and I told him to move or he would probably get hit. He didn't listen and guess what??? I pegged him in the behind (on accident).

murphy3688
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
the invention's called do a search? ill tell ya a good invention. those handled hex wrenches by integy. great christmas present.

but for real, about ten feet from the finish line, my funny car (probably doing about 45-50 at least) friggin went airborne (i still dont know how) and flew to the right and up about three feet in the air and hit a huge tree about four feet off the egde of the road (in the air of course). got it on video too. how lucky is that. had to replace my steering linkages and re-apply my electronics and body mounts. 'twas a doozy.

Chris LaPanse
01-25-2005, 11:30 PM
WHERE'S THE VIDEO???????
I NEED to see that.

TRF Drive Hard
01-26-2005, 01:47 AM
I bet you wasnt laughing when it happened :D

Ya, i wasnt... :p

TrickSpeed
01-26-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm bored, and I'm at school, so does anyone have any good stories? Crashes? :D

well this one time, i was using windows 95, and outta nowhere it crashes. luckily i wasnt doing anything important. and then there was the time i used the search feature on this forum, wild days those were :D

i dunno, maybe the time i used a piece of wire to replace a tie rod. came loose and a dogbone went flying

Jetskiboy77
01-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Lol that probably wasnt a good idea. No crashes are funny when they happen, they leave you felling sad and stupid. Like a month later when your sitting on this forum reading threads like this, thats when theyre funny.

TRF Drive Hard
01-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Certain cars i feel bad cause it cost me an arm and a leg... others i feel, "oh well poop happens" :D

cheerwhiner
01-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I got one. I used to work in a hobby store and was one of the two people, out of ten, that acutally owned r/c cars. SO a lady and a son come back to return a car (not gonna happen- I always explain that if it is used it is under a warranty otherwise its all yours. I'll fix it for free because I am paid to up to six months but you have to pay for the parts-unless it is truly defective) saying it doesn't track straight. I get caught up handling other customers (during XMas return season) so I don't help her when she comes in. Its up to a guy that literally doesn't care about anything that we do and just wanted some Xmas money. So he takes her out back behind the store (in a mall so this makes sense right with the nOObness ok?) I had no idea about this at the time.

They come back up front and butt into what I am doing and explain that it is defective. They can't figure it out. Now the mom's upset feelings I can understand. But she is MAD. She demands a complete refund for a used r/c vehicle, which was never our policy, as I explained to her because I remeber she was the one I sold the car to. I was still not informed what was "defective" about the vehicle. So the mom, screaming at us, is like "I paid $200 for all of this and I want my money back."

I ask what the problem is. Meanwhile my manager is calling our corporate office to OK this return, believing it is really defective. She knows nothing about r/c stuff. As soon as they tell me I switch it on, on the counter (its electric) and see that the wheels do indeed go to one side. Furious this mom is, and the son is embaressed because his mom is making a scene in the mall. So I just take the radio and turn it left then right. Then I take the radio and adjust the steering servo postion to the center, carry it outside, tell the SON (not the mom) to follow me, he does, its fine. Duh.

SO the mom still wants her money back for everything, saying that the servo postion is a problem and it will happen again. (know you all know that is not the case). I didn't say anything. I told her to ask the manager. Honestly I don't know what happened, but I don't remember seeing the car in the back to be fixed anymore or be returned.

I mean overkill for a problem like that, right?

tec_41
01-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Oh sheesh, thats rediculous. Don't you love it when adults are the ones who act like kids? I've got 2 good stories about childish adults, but they aren't RC related what so ever. Maybe I'll post em' later ;)

TMaxxBenny25
01-26-2005, 10:50 PM
i have a story. my friend and i are outside his house sittin in lawn chairs under a tree(like white trash no offense) jumpin my TMaxx and his B4 when all of the sudden i hear a something look to the right and then WHAM!!! my t-maxx flys itself into a tree at 25 mph. Ohhh boy i am pissed. :mad: but when i inspect it all there was was a scrathch on the bumper. Damn these things are tough
thanks GOD BLESS

msnrub5000
01-31-2005, 08:58 PM
i have a story. my friend and i are outside his house sittin in lawn chairs under a tree(like white trash no offense) jumpin my TMaxx and his B4 when all of the sudden i hear a something look to the right and then WHAM!!! my t-maxx flys itself into a tree at 25 mph. Ohhh boy i am pissed. :mad: but when i inspect it all there was was a scrathch on the bumper. Damn these things are tough
thanks GOD BLESS

haha, thats funny. But anyway, any more anybody???

msnrub5000
01-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh sheesh, thats rediculous. Don't you love it when adults are the ones who act like kids? I've got 2 good stories about childish adults, but they aren't RC related what so ever. Maybe I'll post em' later ;)

But hey it's funny

NotWalkinBlind
02-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I know it has nothing to do with R/C, but this is pretty funny... told by a guy I know from another board. I guess it *could* relate to R/C because if you wanna be able to race, you shouldn't do what these guys did.
One of my friends and I went to this place called “Cluck You Chicken” to get some wings...we’d never seen it before, and when you went in they had all the levels...mild, barbeque, medium, hot...LOL...then they had “fire”, “atomic” and “9-1-1”...well my friend and I both ordered the 9-1-1 wings.

The girl behind the counter said, “Oh no, we don’t sell those...those are for the wall of fame.”

We were intrigued so we asked for more info, and she said, “If you can eat two 9-1-1 wings you get your picture taken and posted on the wall.”

Stop the story for a moment. The wall had *no* pictures on it!

So the two knobheads decided they were in! Talk about being a couple of wh*res! I went first...one of the employees brought me my first wing. It was jet black from the gawd-awful sauce it had been marinating in. I asked him why it was black, and he said something about the sauce not being American-made, that they had gotten it from Cuba or some Central American country...I asked, “Why don’t you bring them both together?”

He said “We can’t... for legal reasons,”...I forgot to mention we had to sign a waiver saying we were doing this of our own free will. Add to this, the guy was wearing rubber gloves and a surgical mask. So I popped it in my mouth, and it tasted like dirt. Jason asked me if it was hot...I was all, “Nahhh...tastes like sh*t, but it’s not hot.”

So he ate his. Well, a few minutes passed as I waited for the guy to bring me my second wing. All of a sudden my lips and tongue began to burn...and Burn...and BURN....then it went from burning to flat out hurting. I downed my 32 oz. lemonade and walked really fast to the fountain to refill it. By this time my throat and stomach began to burn...I drank down the other 32 oz. and refilled it AGAIN....now I was in serious pain. The guy came back out and I shooed him away...”Take that sh*t away from me!!”

Jason’s eyes were as big as saucers ‘cause his hadn’t hit yet but it was coming. We got up and left. No wall of fame for the knobheads.

On the way back to the hotel, I was literally walking doubled over and moaning...I said, “You go on without me. I need to rest a bit!”

He had only started feeling the pain, so he went on, and I ducked into an alley. I looked around, made sure nobody could see me, and I stuck my finger down my throat and horked up the wing. Then my throat, mouth and lips all started to kill again! I went into the nearest drugstore to buy Mylanta. Then I chugged the whole bottle down and that seemed to alleviate the problem...my stomach still hurt...but not as badly as it was and I could feel it going back to normal. I got back to the hotel and Jason was in agony...he’d force-chucked his wing too and asked me what I did. I told him about the Mylanta and he said, “Give me some!!!”

I told him I drank it all. His eyes got big again, and he said, “You know Mylanta also acts like a laxative, right?”

Then MY eyes got REAL big! Let’s just say that on the 3 hour ride home, four pit stops were made, three at gas stations and one pull-off on the side of I-80 in a discrete ravine. And when I got home there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth (among other things) until the wee hours of the morning.

All over one hot-as-hell wing.

DBracer
02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
lol that was an amusing story. where was this?

NotWalkinBlind
02-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Not sure... could be anywhere. He lives in Idaho now... but grew up in Pennsylvania. Get out a map and find I-80 and guess. LOL

You wanna try one? :p

murphy3688
02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
holy crap, thats hilarious. i especially like “We can’t... for legal reasons,”