PDA

View Full Version : Mini or monster, why?

mattgr1
02-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Within the next month and a half I will be making my next r/c car purchase. I've debated getting a new stadium truck, a 4wd buggy, a monster truck, a mini, or an on road car. I've narrowed the field down to a mini or a monster. Mostly because I've never really been a buggy fan, I live on a dirt road and most tracks around me are dirt as well as my friends and I have our own dirt tracks, and I already have one stadium truck that is very competitve.

So my question to you guys/gals is which should I go for a mini or a monster? I know there is a big price difference, but I could use the money for hop-ups new radio, whatever. I was thinking of sticking with AE since thats all i've ever owned so it would be between the RC18T or the MGT.

I appreciate everyone's input and hopefully this will help others out too.

Thanks,
Matt

Specializer
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
GET A RADIOSHACK CAR!!!!

but seriously, morter man can help u out on this one (he has mgt)

mattgr1
02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Damnit, I already have a ZipZap, haha

murphy3688
02-03-2005, 08:45 PM
if you have any friends that have a losi mini t, youll blow em away with the 18t. at the local track, losi's dont even stand a chance anymore. 4wd... *drool*

but to compare em, i would say mini just becuase i think monster trucks are TOO big for my tastes. but you sure could do a lot more damage with an MGT. ha

mattgr1
02-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm kind of edging towards the mini, but I've never owned a nitro, and I would definetely like to try one.

Fluke
02-04-2005, 09:28 AM
then why are you asking? ;)

get a monster

Hard Core RC Guy
02-04-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm pondering the same question, but I already own a HPI NMT, but no minis yet. For your case, I'd stick to the mini and use the money you save to get a mamba brushless, and some good packs. Nothing quite like an 18th scale zipping past you friends 1/10 scale at 35+ mph!!!

Not to mention indoor usuage, foam tire racing during winter (if you have winter)..etc.

Although, nitro has that go anywhere appeal!

Good luck.

J :cool:

Fluke
02-04-2005, 01:30 PM
get a mini monster.

problem solved:D