PDA

View Full Version : body painthing and tire glueing

JoeTheShmoe
12-25-2000, 03:33 PM
ok, i got a new body for x-mas (an hpi honda S2000) and i want to know what i do to it before panting. (washing etc...)

and next, how do i glue my tires on so they fitin that little grove perfectly?? Last time part of my tire stuck out so the old tires and rims look crappy, and i wan tthe new ones to be mice. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

robert
12-25-2000, 03:50 PM
Wash the body with warm water and dish soap, then dry with a lint-free cloth. For the tires, mabey try to put the glue inside the grooves and put the tires on top of that. Just a sugestion. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

BadRacer
12-25-2000, 05:29 PM
(CA) glue requires a precise fit between clean parts to bond properly, so be sure to thoroughly clean the bonding areas of the rim and tire with denatured alcohol or motor spray, and test-fit the tire before you apply any glue. Some tires have a bead that is too wide to properly fit between the flanges of the rim; trim the tire with scissors, if necessary. With the tire properly dry-mounted, you can start pulling back at the bead in sections and applying a drop of CA every inch or so. It's also important to remember that adding more CA will not stengthen a bound. The less you use, the better.

When you have tacked the tire into place, put a drop of CA on the tire/rim joint, and slowly rotate the wheel so the drop spreads evenly around the joint. You may need to flex the tire just slightly to draw the CA into the joint. Last, place a THICK rubber band around the circumference of the tire close to the side that has been glued, and let the assembly sit while you repeat the procedure on the other tires. Do one side at a time; by the time you finished one side of the fourth tire, the first tire will be dry enough to handle, so you can glue the other side.

I got this from the February 2000 issue of RCCA. If you have some old issues laying around as i do you should have no problems with the info you need. Hope i helped.

Keep it Real
BadRacer