PDA

View Full Version : Team Losi *Rant* Long read.

shadowghost1
02-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Has this ever happened to you?

I bought a new MF kit from my LHS because I broke my older MF xxx-t. I wanted the original MF kit because I had all the setup sheets and I am used to this truck. The MF2 is a little different so it would have a different feeling to me especially when I was 4th in points in my LHS season.
When I got it home to start putting it together I saw it had an unheard of "missing parts" three bags missing to be exact. I called Team Losi and talked to CS and said no problem they would send out new bags. Two weeks later no parts, so I called them back and talked to manager of CS and he said that they did not have the bags anymore due to the kit bieng outdated (understandable) so they were going to make the bags for me but it would have mixed BK parts with it (instead of red it would be blue) so I said great I just wanted the truck together so I could race. I was already behind 2 races and fell to 12th in points. Well I waited two more weeks and still no parts, so I called back and was told by a CS rep. that they were hesinate to send out the parts because of the packing and weighing process the kits go through (which I understand how it is done) and it has never happened before (which means they dont believe me) so we got into an arguement because of all of the lies that I were told (all of the above). After all of this I recieved my parts in "overnighted" and it was all original parts (no BK parts in the mix) so was very greatful so I called them back and apoligized for talking to them the way that I did.
Later that night I recieved a phone call from Team Losi's VP and he explained the situation to me. He talked about how people call them all the time trying to scam new parts and I really wasnt doing and that I just recieved a bad kit. He said that all the companies share a little black list of names that has hit every manufacturer out there. (my name is not on the list, is yours?) so we both came to an understanding and the problem was solved. Im not bashing Losi but im shocked at the amount of poeple that hit these companies up for free parts and that in a real case like mine I had to go through hell to get what I deserved, my parts.

TRF Drive Hard
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Well, at least you got your parts and that you and Losi panned out everything... im sure they werent trying to stiff you... just imagine the people who stiffed Losi in general... ;)

tadium54
02-17-2005, 10:00 AM
It's good you got it resolved, but it stinks that so many people try to suck a company dry

02-17-2005, 10:05 AM
It sounds like Team Losi definitely did the right thing. Its almost impossible for a kit to get out of the doors with three whole parts bags missing. I'll bet the hobby shop pulled the bags to fix a customers car and then sold the kit to you forgetting that they removed the parts. Our LHS has done that a couple times. They don't do it intentionally, but when they break into new kits for replacement parts that's the risk they run. I think its incredibly cool that Losi still sent you the replacement parts AND that you got a call from the VP!

Quit yer bitchin - you have an issue with your LHS, not Team Losi. They did the right thing and took your word that the parts were missing. I'm sure there are a bunch of butt holes that try to scam free stuff all the time.

shadowghost1
02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
It sounds like Team Losi definitely did the right thing. Its almost impossible for a kit to get out of the doors with three whole parts bags missing. I'll bet the hobby shop pulled the bags to fix a customers car and then sold the kit to you forgetting that they removed the parts. Our LHS has done that a couple times. They don't do it intentionally, but when they break into new kits for replacement parts that's the risk they run. I think its incredibly cool that Losi still sent you the replacement parts AND that you got a call from the VP!

Quit yer bitchin - you have an issue with your LHS, not Team Losi. They did the right thing and took your word that the parts were missing. I'm sure there are a bunch of butt holes that try to scam free stuff all the time.

Dude are you like Jeckal and hyde or something?

rocknbil
02-17-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL go get 'em tiger. :D

Well as for your frustrations you're going to find this with any older kit. But you know, HERE is what I think happened. Being an old kit, it wouldn't surprise me if a previous owner (or even employee) of one of these needed parts that were no longer available. It's entirely possible someone on that end either sold the parts out of the kit or performed the old five-finger discount. Even if the box was "sealed," cello-sealing is an easy thing to do. I think it's more likely that this happened than Losi overlooking it. These companies have their production methods down to a science. They may miscount a few screws here and there, but overlook three entire bags? Not likely.

shadowghost1
02-17-2005, 11:57 AM
I totally agree, with the packing process they are counted two to three times before they are sealed and then they go through a weight scale that will detect even the slightest change in weight so it wasnt Losi but my prob was that my LHS has a no return policy on opened stuff so I had to call Losi to see if they could help me and they did. Im satisfied with there service, I just hate having to wait through all of the legal stuff but I cant blame them for thinking I was trying to scam them. After this racing season Im going to buy a MF2 and get it ready for the summer series so I dont have anymore part problems.

02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
That's pretty much the point I was making. 1) Its very likely that the parts bags are missing because someone in the hobby shop removed them, and 2) it seems like you want to blame Team Losi more than anyone else for this problem. The last point was that you should be getting after your hobby shop to replace the parts, not "ranting" about Team Losi on the internet, because they were the ONLY ones that did the right thing.

By your own admission, you tore into Team Losi hard enough that you felt the need to appologize. It takes a stand-up guy to admit when you're wrong, so credit for that. But, this thread seems to be leaning towards "ranting" about how Team Losi took too long to believe you in a situation where its pretty hard to believe its their fault. Why isn't there a thread about how your hobby shop might have boned you by selling you an incomplete kit and that you had to go to the manufacturer to replace the parts that they probably pulled from the kit? I'm not inviting that, but it would be more appropriate than calling out Team Losi.

shadowghost1
02-17-2005, 12:51 PM
You make valid points and im not going to argue. My LHS could not be held responsable due to the fact they sold me a factory sealed kit. I would have to blame the distributor for the mess up not the LHS its only common sense. One thing that I could not get team losi to agree too is that everyone makes mistakes even losi employees so maybe just maybe one got by or maybe it was on the Horizon side. The fact is someone made a mistake or they opened the kit and stole parts and then resealed it. So the only approach to this was to go through the maker because the distributor does not carry the product anymore and the LHS cant get the distibutor to replace anything. Understand?
My Rant with Team Losi was simple, why did you lie to me from the get go?
When they got upset why did they finally tell me the real reason out of anger?
Why didnt they just tell me the truth? I felt like I was the one getting the shaft here. It must of been pretty bad CS for the VP too call me and say that he was sorry. If I was really trying to Rant on Losi I would have posted names and further details but that is going to far. I got what I needed and they got the info on a problem that they have. :)

BrushlessHawaii
02-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Moral to the Story - Buy Team Associated :D LOL

actually AE has tamper proof stickers on their boxes - I thought losi did this also - maybe not.

djgrom
02-18-2005, 12:11 AM
there is no such thing as tamper proof unfortuently, I like Team Losi better the associated though, sorry brushlesshawaii, i actually had a slight problem with a kit i get from losi also, the throttle springs were missing, actually all the springs were missing. But they were pretty cool about it and i got my springs no biggy