PDA

View Full Version : RC storage in heat and cold?

JonBoy
02-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok im thinking about moving all my RC gear to the building out back. Just wondering if the heat and cold will affect them. Mainly the heat it doesnt get to cold here. Im guessing it will reach 100deg in the summer.

SteveK
02-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Probably not the best idea, keeping R/C gear in a shed or garage, or even out in your car overnight. 'Night air', which is very dense and heavy in moisture, is very bad for electronics, and the moisture can also affect the metal throughout the car. The vehicles should probably be relatively immune to the temperature changes, but I wouldn't recommend it: Keep the stuff inside the house if possible. If not, keep all your electronics inside the house at the very least.

JonBoy
02-25-2005, 09:50 AM
true it is pretty humid here, I was more worried about the heat and the tires. Figure they might develop a flat spot if not used much.

SteveK
02-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Well, just elevate the cars to solve that problem. Moisture would be the big problem for the electrics and moving parts IMO.

viper2002
02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
No you don't need to to worry. Make sure you keep it out of direct sunlight because the sun can break down the plastics.

Silent Scope
02-27-2005, 07:06 PM
I got out of the hobby a few months ago (the bug bit me again) and I had my RC10GT in the attic.. When I took I had problems pulling the pullstart because I still had nitro in the block (DOH!) But other than that it was fine..