PDA

View Full Version : Monster truck price drop...

RespirologyRC
03-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Over the past few years their has been an emense amount of monster trucks that have entered the R/C world as a result of their popularity. There has been as many as 27+/- different trucks out there ranging from 1/10 through to the more recent 1/18th scale trucks. As a result one can go on ebay and buy a used, but decent, MT for cheap money.

I happen tobe searching through ebay trying to get a feel for the MT market and couldn't help but to notice the prices on some of these sofisticated monsters. T-maxx's with mods and RTR as low as 200.00 while the Savage just a couple of yrs old 250.00. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted you pay for what you get but these prices are unreal!

So I have come to the conclusion that if anyone were to be looking for an MT now is the time!! So many companies are releasing newer versions of their dated trucks; and as a result people generally trend towards upgrading. As a result this happens. Who would have thought that the OFNA Titan Twin engine mT could be had for 375.00?, this was a price that i recently saw one sell for on ebay.

This thread is not a gripe but mearly an outloud revelation of sorts. I am also indicating how fast this hobby is moving and how fast it has moved in recent yrs. As newer versions come out more and more MT will fall prey to lower prices.. Boy I can't wait till I buy an LST for 275.00 RTR:)

astainback
03-02-2005, 03:17 AM
275... hmmm that would be nice, but don't count on it with that radio..
if they offered it without the JR, and maybe in a couple of years...

broncobill
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
I just bought a Savage 25 RTR with the batteries in the roto start, truck, and transmitter, that has not even had two tanks run through it for $250. I will use this for bashing, and I am going to set up my MGT and GT for racing. By the way, I got the Savage from a hobby shop.

astainback
03-02-2005, 12:58 PM
BroncoBill... where is this hobby shop!!!!

Do they have other specials like that??? A website maybe??
Afreaking phone number!!!

thanks,
adrian

Pro3/nmt105
03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
The thing about buying on ebay is that you can't really be sure about the condition that it is in. Alot of people get a monster truck as their first RC and abuse them by not breaking in the engine properly and never cleaning them so you can't be sure what you are getting. Its a shame for sellers because the people who did properly maintain the car end up getting less money for it. Im running in to this problem trying to sell my nitro tc3, it is in literally mint condition except the chassis has some of the normal scratches and it only has 20 to 30 tanks through the engine. Its worth over $600 new (thats in current tower hobbies prices new) but I'll be lucky if I get $275 for it, because people are saying that their rtrs are the factory team version and that sort of stuff so the buyers can't be sure of what they're getting and won't pay as much. When I buy on ebay I usually buy based on the description, if someone writes like the do in IM's or mispells every other word I doubt the take the time to take care of their car if they can't even spend 5 minutes writing out a nice description, and I think the oppsite when I see a nice description.

TMaxxBenny25
03-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I wish all rc car prices took a nose dive...

RespirologyRC
03-02-2005, 11:00 PM
well currently it appears as though the T-maxx, Savage, and the MGT are all coming down in prices relatively fast. Didn't the MGT come out just a 1.5yrs ago? So this is also a good indication that many people are selling and flooding the market with moderately newer trucks. Why? I'm not sure, but it definetly is a good thing if your looking to buy one of these trucks:)

buggyman17
03-02-2005, 11:01 PM
ya. especially 1/8 scale...

broncobill
03-03-2005, 07:13 AM
The hobby shop is in Hesperia Mich., and the guy sells used r/c's once in a while on comission.

When you buy a used r/c off of E-Bay, or any forum, you can pretty much tell by the description if the seller knows any thing about r/c's. I have only bought one used r/c, the Savage, but I could look at it. I would not buy one on line from some one that could not descibe if very well, or I'm selling it for a "friend".

Buyer be ware.

RespirologyRC
03-03-2005, 12:00 PM
I was surfing through ebay last night and was soo tempted to buying another T-Maxx. It sold for 170.00 plus shipping! I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!! So for those of you looking for a MT this is sweet. This particular T-Maxx sold, had Radio (full electronics) and an engine that runs (supposedly). The picture on ebay showed all the normal tools and stuff that would normally come with the truck.

I bought my .21 T-Maxx for 350.00. This included a .247 engine, airtronics 57z servo, tuned pipe, and fully modified f/r diffs (not supermaxx stuff--very sad) So this, in my oppinion, was a sweet deal.

Racer Rob
03-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Used r/cs don't hold value. Never have, never will. It has always been like that,and always will be.

TMaxxBenny25
03-03-2005, 11:08 PM
My LHS Cobra sells cars for people too!

Joe Brinduse
03-03-2005, 11:30 PM
The thing about buying on ebay is that you can't really be sure about the condition that it is in. Alot of people get a monster truck as their first RC and abuse them by not breaking in the engine properly and never cleaning them so you can't be sure what you are getting. Its a shame for sellers because the people who did properly maintain the car end up getting less money for it. Im running in to this problem trying to sell my nitro tc3, it is in literally mint condition except the chassis has some of the normal scratches and it only has 20 to 30 tanks through the engine. Its worth over $600 new (thats in current tower hobbies prices new) but I'll be lucky if I get $275 for it, because people are saying that their rtrs are the factory team version and that sort of stuff so the buyers can't be sure of what they're getting and won't pay as much. When I buy on ebay I usually buy based on the description, if someone writes like the do in IM's or mispells every other word I doubt the take the time to take care of their car if they can't even spend 5 minutes writing out a nice description, and I think the oppsite when I see a nice description.
You can get a new ntc3 for like $309.00?????