PDA

View Full Version : Truggy ??????

hootienchyna
03-02-2005, 03:03 PM
can someone tell me what a truggy is exactly and what the benefits are of building one

savageP3
03-02-2005, 03:13 PM
a buggy with mt tires/body and longer shocks-they are the best racers since they are based off 1/8 scales

DBracer
03-02-2005, 05:51 PM
its pretty much a buggy, that was transformed into a truck.... TRuck bUGGY im not too sure of the benefits however...

TMaxxBenny25
03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Half bUGGY half Truck.

i thniks...

racinlosi
03-02-2005, 07:45 PM
This is a real 1/1 sized truggy...just to get a better idea. :D
http://highrevphoto.com/gallery/score11505/sun1/123_SCORE_5505.jpg
http://highrevphoto.com/gallery/score11505/sun1/124_SCORE_1203j.jpg

hootienchyna
03-02-2005, 09:34 PM
sounds cool, i guess i'll have to add one to my collection

C.J.OO
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
I was Gonna buy a New MT to Race But I'm thinking of buying a new Buggy and engine and Making My Kanai 2 a truggy now theres a Kit out for it..
the K2 will Make a Mad Trugg....
then "in theory" i'll have the Best of both worlds...;)

-=ADA$=-
03-03-2005, 01:17 AM
i once read post by MR.Pond, that difference, or maybe even advantage of truggies over regular MT's are much overestimated. MT may handle very well, and have better lap times than truggies. Althougt personally i believe that truggies, were built on buggy base, so racing is where they fell at home

suckfish
03-03-2005, 11:16 AM
okay but should truggy's run with 1/8 scale buggies or Monster trucks?

Buggyracer28
03-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Monster Trucks..... since the wheels are bigger and its now converted into a Monster Truck.

maxxamillion
03-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Truggy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Maxxamillion/Im000330.jpg

ApriliaRacer
03-06-2005, 10:44 AM
okay but should truggy's run with 1/8 scale buggies or Monster trucks?

This is something that I've been pondering. IMO, they should be in a class all by themselves. True MTs are really different vehicles than the truggies.

Its not a question of "fairness", its a question of specifications for a class.

IMO, the MT Racing class should be composed of MTs that are specifically designed as MTs and are not converted buggies whether done by an individual or a company. There should be rules for true MTs such as:

1) The MT can not share more than 25% of its parts with a buggy produced by the same company. For those building their own MT, the starting point for the build must be an MT that meets these rules. (exclusions would be tires/wheels/engine (to include exhaust, clutch and end bell))

2) The MT can not use "axle extenders" or any device that extends the width of the truck for the purposes of meeting a minimum wheel base width or for the purpose .

3) Final Drive/Power must be delivered via an encased multi-geared transmission. Meaning out drives must exit a multi-gear transmission. Power/Drive may not be delivered from clutchbell to spur gear(s) to outdrives directly without the drive first passing through gearing in an enclosed transmission (used originally by the OEM to either increase or decrease gear ratios). Gears may be removed, but the transmission must function as a transmission.

4) The MT must have either been equipped from the factory with a functioning reverse gear or the OEM provides an OEM kit for purchase which would allow the MT to have a reverse drive. If originally equiped this feature must disabled for race purposes.

So, these are the kind of rules I'd put in place for a truck to be able to run in the MT class. Again, I've got nothing against truggies. Companies that are building Truggies to race in the MT class are not doing anything wrong. They are doing what I would do. Design a truck that meets the rules and then take advantage of areas where there are no rules.

Someone may say that this would limit the field or choices. Well maybe, but you'd be able to run Revos, T-maxxes, LST, MGT, Savage, Warhead, Spyder, etc.

The only ones that I'd see that wouldn't be allowed to compete based on my rules are the Hot Bodies Stadium MTs and the Mammoth.....