PDA

View Full Version : starting help !!!

crashnburn
09-21-2000, 11:47 PM
OK, I just bought a rustler (nitro) and iam having a hard time starting it. Now the web site say's hn 2-1/2 turns out and Ln 1-3/4 turns out, It was preset at these settings but after tring to start it for 20 min with no luck, I closed them then reopened them to the above turns. My glow plug works no problem there (changed it twice just to be sure) LITTLE HELP HERE!!

p.s. yes my batt pack is charged.

Start damit start

Crash

I R Racer
09-22-2000, 01:38 AM
Maybe the engine is flooded, try removing the glow plug, turn the truck upside down and give the starter cord a couple yanks, that will remove most of the fuel from the engine if it is flooded.

crashnburn
09-22-2000, 02:03 AM
tried that but thanks

Crash

T-MAXX-ER
09-22-2000, 09:07 AM
are you priming the engine? also blip the throttle while pushing the starter button. check your air filter.

crashnburn
09-22-2000, 10:51 AM
Ya I primed the engine, Is it normal to have fuel travel from the tank down the tube that leads to the pipe? because iam getting alot of fuel pouring stright out of the pipe.

Thkx
Crash

elscotto80
09-22-2000, 02:47 PM
ok. i had the same prob. when i got mine. first you need to flush out the engine. to do this you need to get a bulb thing(something that can squirt fuel) and squirt fuel into the hole where the glow plug is. now turn the car upside down and run the starter to get out all of the exess fuel. if this doesn't work, when you start the engine, put your finger over the carb. hole until the fuel goes in to carb. you can also put your finger over the pipe stinger. another solution tothe problem could be that your battery in the ezstart(you got an ez-start right?) could be dead, just charge it, or you could just get a glow ignitor and use the starter to turn over the engine, thats whati did, you get alot more starts then with the batt. doing all the work. hope this helps, scott

elscotto80
09-23-2000, 01:11 PM
did it work?