PDA

View Full Version : New to forum need some help.

hanly2
03-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Hello all,
My name is Dave I'm new to this forum I just need some help with a old rc car, that I played with as a kid and now I want enjoy sharing it with my son. I have a old gold chassis RC-10 (Team Associated) It is almost all original because I didn't use it that much and never raced it. It has the original tires and all. lol It has a futaba electronic speed control and I recently purchased a reedy fire hawk motor for it, as well as 2 new 7.2 battery packs and a charger. I have a futaba Attack 75mgz radio. The problem with the car is that when I first plug in the battery everthing powers up like its ready to go the steering works but when I try to go forward or reverse the motor only moves a few gear clicks either way and sometimes not at all. I get the red and green lights on the ESC. The gears all spin freely when I turn the wheels. Any help getting this thing moving is appreciated as well as comments on what I can expect from a 16 year old car.

I also was wonder what I can expect for the range with this 75 mgz radio will it make it around my 50ft back yard. Is there any upgrades for it?