PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone Race Their Rustler

RustlerRacr
06-26-2000, 04:01 PM
Does Anyone Race Their Traxxas Rustler. I don't yet but that is why I am asking people if they do 'cause I wanna know some good tips or Setups. They would be Appreciated
thanks http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
-RustlerRacr
What's this do?
Snap.
WOW!

mavrick0611
06-28-2000, 09:18 AM
i do i do great every one of my finishes are in the top three exept for 2 acassion when i broke the front suspenion arm and my pull start screwed up . but this is also on road . it depends on the competition but i won 2 / 6 races last year with the only hop up being pro - line speed hawg tires , fuel filter , and bearings . impressive ?? very

aj

Nitro~Freek
06-28-2000, 10:14 AM
i am also thinking about a rustler but dont know if i want electric or nitro , i have mechanical experiance but not a wad of cash to spend on TOP OF THE LINE **** here

please help
tyler
: confused :

chucksolo
06-28-2000, 10:22 PM
I have both . Beleive me when I tell you that if at all possible , get the Nitro Rustler . It has spoiled me to the point that I think my electric Rustler is boring to drive .

I R Racer
07-05-2000, 12:47 AM
I don ' t race a Rustler , but at the indoor dirt track I race at in the winter , I saw a guy racing a bone - stock Rustler with a Trinity P2K stock motor in the mod class . He was consistantly beating guys running Associateds and Losi ' s with mod motors ! They would pass him in the straight , but he would catch them in the infield . He always placed in the top 3 in the A - Main . Sometimes its the driver , not the equipment ! Race the Rustler !

RustlerRacr
07-08-2000, 07:46 PM
When I said Rustler I meant Electric Rustler !!! http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
- RustlerRacr
What ' s this do ?
Snap .
WOW !

[This message has been edited by RustlerRacr (edited 07-08-2000).]

ChazMan
07-08-2000, 09:15 PM
To me the half the fun of the sport is just tinkering around with it and seeing how fast you can make it go . So I bought a Traxxas Rustler for my first car . Built it . Ran it . Got to the point were I was a pretty good driver then started hopping it up . I put in bearings , a new motor , new battery pack , new tires , new bearing carriers , CVD ' s , an ESC of course , Lunsford titanium turnbuckles , and a few other parts and peices . Played around with the gearing and now ( according to my friends old radar gun ) I ' m have it going about 38mph . Pretty impressive for a sport truck not really ment for racing . A nice thing about the Rustler though is that it has great steering . So you can catch other ' s in cornering most of the time if you practice .

Of course if you put all this into an RC10 or Triple X it would be faster but I ' m in it for pure fun . And the Rustler is a fun truck .

So go ahead . Race it . And as you go get up grades . Go with bearings first though .

ChazMan