PDA

View Full Version : Looking RC boating in Charlotte NC

davidmoss31
03-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Anyone out there!!

apache480
04-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Yes, I live in the Monroe N.C. are and would love to find someone else who runs big deep vees.

davidmoss31
05-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, I live in the Monroe N.C. are and would love to find someone else who runs big deep vees. Cool. I actually live in Matthews, N.C. Would like some help with my deep vee. Lets hook up. My name is Dave and my tele # is 704-321-9530.

bobbyh
05-25-2005, 08:38 AM
There's a race in Walterboro, SC on June 18 & 19. It may be a little far for you guys to ride down to watch but I know one boater from Charlotte that is going. Both nitro and gas boats will be running. The lake is just off I95. More information can be found on the D13 Website (www.rcmodelboaters.com/schedule.htm) .

-Bobby

Ed Ritchie
06-25-2005, 11:39 PM
I just started re-building my Lap cat 2 and was Thinking of were I will run it. I'am up in Mooresville.If anyone knows were to go let me know.
esrit06@alltel.net

piper_chuck
06-26-2005, 08:17 AM
There's a club, the Piedmont Prop Twisters, North of Greensboro: http://www.geocities.com/icewizzard882002/

They run mostly gas monos and cats, and there's still a few holdouts with 20 riggers. They're a good bunch of guys. I was there yesterday running my 3.5 tunnel for the first time. It's quite a hike for me 80+ miles, so I certainly can't go every weekend. I'm going to try to find someplace locally that I can do most of my setup and tuning, and then try to make it over there something like once a month.

Redbeard
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Two new guys in charlotte, near the university area. Have been toying with miss bud and hammer. would really like to meet some others messing with boats in our area. Having a lot of fun learning.

apache480
04-13-2006, 10:12 PM
redbeard give me your number and I'll give you a call. Have you guys found somewhere to run nitro or gas in that area? If so I know of several people that would be interested as we have all come up empty for places to go in the Charlotte area. there are a getting to be more boaters in this area and I would like to see us all have a place get together. Just let me know how to get in touch with you.

Jeff

bmelton
04-16-2006, 06:28 PM
redbeard give me your number and I'll give you a call. Have you guys found somewhere to run nitro or gas in that area? If so I know of several people that would be interested as we have all come up empty for places to go in the Charlotte area. there are a getting to be more boaters in this area and I would like to see us all have a place get together. Just let me know how to get in touch with you.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Redbeard will be moving in by Lake Norman here soon, if not already, and the cove where his apartment is is pretty calm, not a lot of boat traffic on weekends or weekday evenings. Only thing is he travels alot for work, so we might all get to meet up and head to lake once a month or so.

The other places we have run are probably not "public property" but we leave the place clean, and unlike a county park, we can go swim if boat stalls, LOL.