PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Rally or TB01

red20
07-01-2000, 11:21 PM
Depends whether u like using belt or steel / carbon drive shaft to drive the four - wheels ??

I surely go for TB01 coz parts easily available at my place . I use all the TG10 parts that of coz recommended hop - up option for the TB01 . Go for Tamiya !!

Racer A
07-02-2000, 12:31 AM
Which is the better car for rallying the RS4 Rally or the new TBO1 ?

Racer A
07-02-2000, 11:37 AM
i do like that tamiya uses a drive shaft than using belts because i always here of belts fouling and such . I am still wondering how good the suspension is off - road .

red20
07-02-2000, 11:52 PM
The suspension , well with recommended hop - up option , i think it should not be a problem . If going off - raod , i go for the soft oil shock , i think the yellow color , i forgot .

Racer A
07-04-2000, 10:43 AM
thanks for the info . Just one more question ; how ' s the performance ? And is there a cheap set of bearings out for it yet , like duratrax one ' s ?

Ronin
07-05-2000, 12:37 AM
Performance was just covered along with everything else in the new issue of RCCA . Its another good one .

tyoda
07-17-2000, 07:25 PM
How about considering the new Losi Rally Weapon?

------------------
Outacontrol

R_C_MAN
07-17-2000, 08:09 PM
Check out the vote for R/C on ESPN topic!!!!!!!

Stampedeguy
07-17-2000, 10:07 PM
Get the rally! I got one and it's soo sweet!

mshipley
07-17-2000, 11:06 PM
I don't want to sound like and add but why buy hop ups when the hpi rally comes with everything you want, bearings, big shocks, off road tires, an under body to keep rocks and dirt out, a body, inner body with drivers figure, hpi makes a great car, and there is really no benefit to shaft vs. belt when it comes down to it, both are ways to drive the front wheels, if you keep your car clean you shouldn't have a problem, also the hpi rally is most likely lighter and features more precise adjustments than the tb01 if I remember right, just my .02 later, hope this helps

oh yah from tower hobbies:

Tamiya Subaru Impreza WRC German TB-01

HPI RS4 Rally w/Subaru Impreza Body (Combo
Available)

so why spend all the $$$ to hop up a car when you can get all that in a better package cheaper? later,

by the way, not dissing taimiya, they make a good product, but mr. taimiya makes his money off all those hop ups,
just buy a kit that's race ready from the go, it's alot easier

Conman
07-17-2000, 11:54 PM
I agree with mshipley. I'm looking in to the HPI RS4 Rally too and I like the fact that it is cheaper and has all of the hop-ups.

red20
07-18-2000, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Conman:
I agree with mshipley. I'm looking in to the HPI RS4 Rally too and I like the fact that it is cheaper and has all of the hop-ups.

I quite agree with the cheaper thing and with all the included hop-up options BUT one thing that someone has to consider is whether the parts is avalaible to you or not. My point is like this, I would get the HPI RS4 Rally if it on sale near my place and easy to get the parts if anything broken... http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/frown.gif but sadly nope. Only tamiya is available here and easy to get parts replacement.

simply put, go for brands that got after service. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/cool.gif

mshipley
07-18-2000, 12:20 AM
red I must agree with you but I guess I'm just used to having a local hobby store around that takes 3 days to order a losi part from a double xt, also doesn't carry associated, does have some taimiya no parts though, and does have some traxxas again no parts, only hardware, airplane kits, airplane radios, airplane nitro engines, airplane paint, airplante parts, is it no wonder I just buy what I want to buy and keep a couple spares?? Later