PDA

View Full Version : Administative Opinions Needed .

Ronin
07-03-2000, 11:24 PM
Actually , anyone who has had both of these cars and can give a fair opinion is welcome , but i know the RCCA guys can help . I want to get a new 4wd car . I want a entrylevel car that is good . Either the Traxxas 4 - TEC or the MRC STR - 4 both meet my basic needs . One thing is that people say they 4 - tec is based on old technology and is obsolete . Mean while the STR4 based on the new TC3 is a new good design . The Traaxxas has tons on add ons readly avaliable , mean while the MRC has none from tower , they dont even have the car on their website . I might do some racing but nothing major , but i do want a good car that is fast and handles well . Also what about the shaft vs . belt ? I have heard moxed opinions on this topic . Also what about a graphite chassis ? I know both have them as add ons , but will they work with my stick packs ? I have seen that some graphite chassis make a stick accepting chassis , not fit them anymore . Well thanks for your opinions , i kmow you cant bash one , but just a few pointers , and maybe which is better for what i am doing . I have both cars thrash / track tests .

chucksolo
07-04-2000, 02:21 AM
Too bad you want an electric car dude . The Nitro 4 - Tec has awesome speed . I regularly smoke my friend ' s HPI RS4 with it . If you can afford it , go Nitro .

SteveP
07-04-2000, 11:06 AM
ronin - I don ' t have enough experience with either of these cars to be able to offer much of an opinion . I would suggest a visit to the local hobby shop to see if either of these cars is well supported with replacement and / or aftermarket parts . It often comes down to which car is going to be easiest for YOU to keep on the road .

Ronin
07-05-2000, 12:34 AM
Not a problem , I don ' t have one anywhere close , so everything is ordered from larger stores . I usually use Tower unless I can get it cheaper . So I guess it is , which is cheaper to up - grade ? Which can be upgraded the farthest ?

Ronin
07-05-2000, 12:35 AM
Actually , do you ever plan to do a " project " with either car ? In which case thats the one I ' ll get .

puribong
07-05-2000, 12:49 AM
Str - 4 touring car seems pretty good . It looks similar to TC3 . As far as I know str - 4 is made by company called Academy who is pretty well know for hobby display models .
visit http :// www . academy . co . kr for more info on str - 4

GregV
07-05-2000, 09:19 AM
ronin - The author that reviewed the STR - 4 started upgrading his car . Only MRC offers optional parts for it . He told us that some of the upgrade parts didn ' t fit , the one that sticks out in my mind was the carbon fiber battery strap , it was to long . He told MRC about the problems he had and they are fixing the parts .
The 4 - tec is supported by many factory upgrades and I think GPM also makes parts . The 4 - Tec has more hop - up potential than the STR - 4 .

Ronin
07-05-2000, 07:37 PM
Danke fur deine hilfa . Thanks for your time guys .