PDA

View Full Version : Leaky shocks and clicking diff on T3

RustlerBoy
07-24-2001, 10:21 AM
All right. Ic just spent $200 on this truck, and the diff c,licks whenever i turn on pavement. And the front rigt shockleaks. Should i rebuild the shock? What else should i do. I have driven it and it drives great, but l;eaking oil is not good for the hocks and i sdont know what a clicking diff will do! HELP

TC3Racer
07-24-2001, 11:05 AM
dude, i told u this in your last post. its not your diff. clicking. its the gears in your servo. same thing happened to my TC3. most likely you have some kinda plastic geared servo, and the gears are stripped. so look into hitec's metal geared servo's. they will help you out alot. pretty expensive though.... about 50 bucks. hope this helps. later.

TC3Racer
07-24-2001, 11:11 AM
for your shocks i would check to see that they are together securely and if that is ok rebuild em'. you may have put to much oil in your shocks.

servo problem: take your servo saver off and all those ball cups until your servo is off the truck.. take off the 4 screws that hold on the bottom tray of the servo and your servo will come apart. check all the little white plastic gears and i bet that one of them has crunched or missing teeth.

RustlerBoy
07-24-2001, 07:07 PM
Ok, the truck was 170, then the extra parts and tools I got were another 30. The only Hopup i got was an RPM Gear cover! I know how to tune a slipperand My diff gear is fine, but it still clicks!

racerman333
07-24-2001, 09:50 PM
try changing the pinion gear. Try a different motor. Try seeing if the servo is stripped.

RustlerBoy
07-25-2001, 12:00 AM
Well, its not the motor or the servo, I changed the motor and checked my pinion and spur and servo!

racerman333
07-25-2001, 12:04 AM
maybe youre just hearing things. Run it and if something bad happens youll find out soon enough. We have said almost every possible thing.

TC3Racer
07-25-2001, 12:04 AM
take apart the diff. and rotate it freely while it is apart from the truck and see if it clicks then. your diff. could be to tight... if it clicks when the diff. is off the chassis of the truck then take the diff. casing off and rotate all the gears to see if anything is broken, stripped, etc.

RustlerBoy
07-25-2001, 12:19 AM
It cant be! I just bought the servo, and on the first run, I didn't hit NE THING and I have the saver set to the lossest setting and sanded the V parts and I put my ear up to the tranny and I hear itclick!!!

Cragar
07-25-2001, 12:47 AM
RustlerBoy, what did you just spend $200.00 on? Prior to getting the new parts, have you been doing much off-roading/jumping with it lately? It very well could be that you had your slipper clutch set way too tight and ruined the diff. Do you know how to check to see if the slipper clutch is set properly?

Cragar

BlackWolf
07-25-2001, 01:38 AM
SHOCKS:

When I put my GT together, it took me several tries and a couple rebuild kits before I realized what was wrong with my leaky shocks.

WHen you put the seals and spacers in, you have to oil them, but you knew that. The trick is to put only one or two of the parts into the shock body at a time with the little thing, not all of them at once.

My shocks leaked because the 2nd rubber seal that goes in tore when I seated the parts. AE says they're seated when you feel it 'click'. If you have to push hard, then there's somthing wrong, you're going to tear an 0-ring.