PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with them all ?

DeSmet Spartan
07-05-2000, 08:09 PM
Okay , you get the cars and hopups to test . Are they free and are you allowed to keep them ? If you do , do you have a room to keep all the cars or do the writers get to keep them ? Can you get stuff for free that you will use for yourselves and not for the magazine ? Do you give stuff to your friends and family .

------------------
St. Louis RAM
1999 Super Bowl Champions

SteveP
07-06-2000, 06:42 PM
Some we get to keep , some we don ' t . The ones we keep we ' ll continue to test , or maybe save for a later comparison . Occassionally I ' ve given cars that were finished testing to local racers that really try hard but can ' t seem to get their tattered , beat - up old cars to run well . It doesn ' t happen too often , but they always go to someone who really needs it and most of all , didn ' t ask for it .

tmaxx keith
07-07-2000, 12:44 AM
i wondered that too . in an older issue , i think it was a tamiya with a red golf body , you said it was in your " kits to be built asao pile " i think . then it hit me , i was wow ! that job would kick *****! do the companys just send you parts and kits and stuff and give them to you ? or do they say if you test it you keep it for advertising purposes ? or do they just tell you in advance and have a company rep . come over and test it with you ? that sounds cool . i would love to have all that stuff coming in the mail to me . every day would be like christmas . and you would know all the new info on stuff . do you ever leak out some private info at the track accidentally ? or your testing a new car at a track , and draw a huge crowd , and people take pictures , and quote you , and post the info on your new kit on the internet and riun it for the maG ?
sorry for rambling lol , just kinda curious .

FLYBOY7
07-07-2000, 12:57 AM
i was looking through a really old RCCA issue ( may 92 )..... and one of your top ten " Things we ' re tired of reading in Letters " was ...

8 . " what do you do with the cars when your ' re finished reviewing them ?" This one is always followed by :

9 . " Can I have one ?" ( no , you can ' t . Stop asking .)

LMAO ... but my fav top ten was Top 10 things Chris Chianelli uses in his hair ....

10 . Chia seeds
9 . Rogaine w / Monoxidil
8 . Jammin Jay ' s Diff Lube
7 . Litespeed Dy - Lon
6 . Trinity Nuclear Waste
5 . Joyce Chen soy sauce
4 . Associated 40wt shock oil
3 . Zap - a - Dap - a - Goo
2 . Miracle - Gro plant food
1 . Cool whip dessert topping

LMFAO ......

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

"you can never have enough fun, friends, or Horsepower!"

TxFilmMkr
02-22-2002, 10:00 AM
You guys need to lay off Chris Chianelli's hair. I like the way it looks like a little light brown grass fire burning out of control on top of his head.

:D

Serius Black
02-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Anyone remember when Chris left RCCA to do the rock band thing? I've still got his "last" issue somewhere. Wasn't that '87 or '88?

tntpoof
09-21-2016, 09:46 PM
warner check ur link..