PDA

View Full Version : Flyboy

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-07-2000, 01:05 AM
Hey thanx but if you read my other messages they said 20 turn to 17 can u help with that ?

FLYBOY7
07-07-2000, 01:29 AM
20 turn motors are pretty rare i think ..... and almost every " stock " motor that comes in a kit is a 27 turn or even slower ...... is this the motor that came in the original kit ??

if indeed it were a 20 turn and you were going to a 17 i would probably drop 3 teeth ... remember if you drop the number of teeth on the pinion you wont damage anything ... the worst that can happen is that your top speed wont be very fast ..

but if you run too many teeth , that is where you might damage your speed control or the motor it self .... btw .... i hope you are using an esc right ?? and not a mechanical speed controller ??? a 17 turn really needs an esc if you dont have one ....

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

"you can never have enough fun, friends, or Horsepower!"

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-07-2000, 01:31 AM
thanx again man i have an esc and the motor was called stock by traxxas but i think they have loose screws .... Nick :>)

FLYBOY7
07-07-2000, 01:36 AM
well i would probably drop 5 teeth then .... pinions are cheap .... so get one 5 teeth less and go from there ...
i went from a stock engine in my B - 2 to a 19 double last week ..... i dropped 5 teeth and HOLY COW ... that thing just rocked !!!!! i don ' t drive anywhere that i hit very high top speeds ... so i didnt miss any top speed that i might have lost ..... but HOLY COW that thing accelerates like a pit bull on crack now ...!! ( well maybe not quite that fast ... LOL .. but much faster than a stocker )

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

"you can never have enough fun, friends, or Horsepower!"

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-07-2000, 11:39 PM
So 5 or 3 teeth ?, Nick :>)

" I SWEAR MY PEDE DIDNT SEE YOUR CAR " : D